Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hemed new contract

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I absolutely agree. And to those who thought otherwise, obviously means he will be going nowhere in January.

Au contraire. Simply reinforces the selling clubs ability to charge a premium. If we lump on a striker in Jan then expect one of the then quartet to be shipped out. What price to a Championship club chasing promotion now that he has a new contract? Well how about £15m.

Shrewd move for all concerned.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Au contraire. Simply reinforces the selling clubs ability to charge a premium. If we lump on a striker in Jan then expect one of the then quartet to be shipped out. What price to a Championship club chasing promotion now that he has a new contract? Well how about £15m.

The very idea of Hemed going for £15m anywhere makes me feel a little bit sick. I love the guy, but that’s madder than Neymar going for £200m in my book.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The very idea of Hemed going for £15m anywhere makes me feel a little bit sick. I love the guy, but that’s madder than Neymar going for £200m in my book.

I don't disagree. But let's assume it's true we turned down £7m for him from Reading in the summer, he's got a couple of Prem goals now, might get a few more before January and then back come Reading begging for such a player and we tell them sorry chaps it's £15m now, he's a proven Prem striker.

If Assomba-injured-longa than he plays can command such a fee then so can Hemed in the right circumstances.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Excellent news , he has supercharged Staffy neck muscles and the goal he scored v West Brom shows his skill at manipulating the ball , very happy with this .

[yt]SMlD5z4xVNk[/yt]

So glad their goal went in! No Duffy for 3 games after could have affected our points total!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm a massive Tomer fan - Strikers will only score goals if the team create chances.. His teammates are part of his success and he is part of their success. Long may it continue

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think if we bring in a striker in January it'll be Skalak ( or possibly Murphy ) who drop out of the squad 25 - not one of the current 3 strikers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might well be Baldock - Just can’t trust him to stay fit for long enough unfortunately.
We need a balanced squad of 3 GK - 9 Defenders - 9 Midfielders - 4 Strikers.

Having 5 wingers means the numbers are wrong.

Sell a striker, and we need to bring in 2 which will be quite a challenge.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We need a balanced squad of 3 GK - 9 Defenders - 9 Midfielders - 4 Strikers.

Having 5 wingers means the numbers are wrong.

Sell a striker, and we need to bring in 2 which will be quite a challenge.

Don’t disagree - however - we’ve been ok with 2 strikers so far. The way we play only requires 1 striker so we could go through the rest of the season with 3. Murphy may be more use to the squad than Baldock (especially with Murphy being able to play behind the striker if needed).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If that madness were correct what possible reason would there be for Tomer to sign said contract?

If Tomer had any doubt about the clubs desire to keep him, he's basically just handed his entire (hefty) January signing on bonus to the Albion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Glad for him.

Has upped his game this season, mainly in terms of work rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that madness were correct what possible reason would there be for Tomer to sign said contract?

If Tomer had any doubt about the clubs desire to keep him, he's basically just handed his entire (hefty) January signing on bonus to the Albion.

Not true as he would ask for that if a new club came calling. How many times do you hear a transfer fell through over not being able to agree personal terms, which wont always be just about basic wages.

I do not think that we will sell him unless a very high fee is offered and the club have protected their interests and that of TH.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Very pleasing news indeed.

I'm a bit of a sentimental old thing really.
I wanted to see the players who got us to the Prem given a shot. By and large they have.

And Tomer has more than proven he deserved his chance...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Not necessarily. New Contract could well include any sort of clause such as percentage of any transfer fee in the future plus he goes on to an increased contract with immediate effect. Only Tomer and his reps and the club will know the deal.

I think it's good business by the club to have every player in or around the current playing squad to be on at least a 12 month contract at the very minimum.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t disagree - however - we’ve been ok with 2 strikers so far. The way we play only requires 1 striker so we could go through the rest of the season with 3. Murphy may be more use to the squad than Baldock (especially with Murphy being able to play behind the striker if needed).

Just behind the striker is exactly where Baldock plays. I'd be surprised if we see much more of Jamie Murphy this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here