Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What makes people visit other peoples pages?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I visit people's pages by accident due to using fat sausage fingers on a smartphone. Often when I press a thread header it goes to the thread starter's page (the link directly below) instead. Reckon that is a big factor re page views these days, especially if you start a lot of threads.

Exactly this. The more posts you make the more fat fingered visitors you'll get!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I visit people's pages by accident due to using fat sausage fingers on a smartphone. Often when I press a thread header it goes to the thread starter's page (the link directly below) instead. Reckon that is a big factor re page views these days, especially if you start a lot of threads.

This

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Same as most on this thread- accidental. Can only be a handful of pages I have deliberately visited.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to see on mine but over 20,000 visits! weird or what???

Yep. Exactly that!

Very much this too

I don't like to think my fingers are fat, but the same thing applies whenever I go on NSC on my smartphone :(

I've had over 1,000 visits in two months, so for the period you have been on that would be over 30,000 visits. I put it down to the advent of the smartphone and smaller screens. Whenever I use my phone I constantly find myself on other people's pages. It's annoying because the screens are so sensitive and my fingers so large. I'm not egotistical enough to think any members actually give two hoots about finding more out about me.

This. I don't need virtual friends.

Very much sausage fingers for me also. I have no interest in clicking on people's profiles here.

Exactly this. The more posts you make the more fat fingered visitors you'll get!

Same as most on this thread- accidental. Can only be a handful of pages I have deliberately visited.

So you're not as intriguing/popular as you thought you were then!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I do this all the time and on the ipad:facepalm:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I have never tried to look at anyone's page but have ended up on a couple whilst watching TV and drinking at the same time! Not vaguely interested.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for the "accidentally clicking the profile whilst using Tapatalk" syndrome here.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Can't be assed to read the rest of the thread, but it's cos you are a massive bellend. Literally the type of poster that makes me despair in the English and also make me come on here less and less. You Sir are an absolute plonker :thumbsup:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6425915 said:
Can't be assed to read the rest of the thread, but it's cos you are a massive bellend. Literally the type of poster that makes me despair in the English and also make me come on here less and less. You Sir are an absolute plonker :thumbsup:

Insults need to be clearer in the future please,but i like the bit about the massive bellend:rolleyes: Just going to check if you been visiting me???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here