Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Count Otto Black

Jul 22, 2015
lost us two today and i cant exactly remember but i know he has also lost us points before, he is a very good keeper and has obv done awesome for us next season but next season he will lose us points more than gain us

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We drew at a tough place to go...

We lost it last week.

Prior to season I thought we'd struggle to comeback from the agony of the previous year. I had to eat my hat, I'm glad I had to. This will all be forgotten come the first few games next season.

Let's not forget how close we ran a huge club for the title, how well we did today against a motivated and improved Villa... and how we were hugely unlucky in the end.

See you at Old Trafford.

Hmmm.... you know something? I feel slightly better already.

Kosh

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What are we to believe after being 7 points up with three games to go? We watched the last 3 games, they certainly looked disinterested at times.

Those players were the players that got us 7 points clear in one of the hardest leagues in the world and then you think they were 'disinterested' ? F*** me i'm dreading some of the posts from the normal whiney little shits on this board next season :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe you need to have a good hard look at yourself if you aren't shattered we just pissed away the clubs best chance to win the biggest piece of silverware in living history.

Anyone who thinks "oh well" has **** all passion as a fan imo.
I've got plenty of passion but I realise that some things are far more important than football - especially when you've already been promoted.

My son had brain surgery this week. That fact that he survived and is making a decent recovery from it is FAR more important to me than the result of a game of football. Doesn't stop me supporting the Albion, I'm just able to put things in perspective.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
lost us two today and i cant exactly remember but i know he has also lost us points before, he is a very good keeper and has obv done awesome for us next season but next season he will lose us points more than gain us

He kinda kept us in the game at times though, Baldock missed 2/3 chances up top

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Looking at it objectively I don't care about finishing 2nd, we are up and it's amazing. Subjectively though I am really pissed off, the total lack of professionalism from the team these last three games has been pathetic. To have the balls to look devastated after that is unbelievable, they are 100% to blame for going on the piss and mentally checking out after Wigan.

Another ludicrous comment, and from someone who probably hasn't been to a game all season. :lolol: They've just won promotion. To the premier league. And you think that makes them unprofessional? ??? 43 games of the highest standard this season and you feel comfortable sitting on your sofa, beer in hand and complain they look devastated? Just wow.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Wednesday, Brentford, Fulham.

Have you actually been paying attention this season.

Just in case you don't know - we've been promoted to the premier league.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's fine to be gutted, but calling this team bottlers or spineless??? ****ing hell it's beyond belief.

Guess what, we're going to get absolutely battered quite a few times next season so you may as well **** off now and support another club if this is how you react to the team getting promoted to the premier league.

Would you have called the team bottlers if they finish 2nd last season? no you ****ing wouldn't.

We were promoted weeks back, played zero part in the next three games. They had a once in a life opportunity for themselves and the club and they ****ed it up completely.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the psychology of it is, and the binfest for a promoted club really needs to stop, we were 5 minutes from being champions, that is really gutting. We have had the best season in lower leagues since 1979 and should embrace it, but 89 minutes against 10 men, and a shocker of a mistake will definitely get people's emotions going. We're on our way :smile:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
i
Do you think that will make him feel any better? He'll be devastated, absolutely devastated. It's a terrible way for him to finish what has been a magnificent season for him and will probably haunt him for a long, long time. He doesn't deserve it. The poor bloke.

No I don't, but we could have been behind if not for his great performance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
**** me. Can't believe all the moaning minnies on here. 20 years ago this week, we only just stayed in the football league. Next season we are playing in the top flight after 34 years away. Yes, it was a disappointing end to the season, but christ on a bike, take a long hard look at yourself if you are moaning.

Rant over.

Yeah. Two whole decades. It was the last millenium. At least one of the players on the pitch today wasn't born when that happened.

At some point people are going to have to stop using that as a stick to beat anyone who is disappointed with a result, stop using it to excuse the players choking.

Those of us who are here at Villa Park are proud of the team. Those whining go **** yourselves. If you saw how devastated the players are you'd shut the **** up. ***** the lot of you.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise we're not allowed to be upset since the players are devastated.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Another ludicrous comment, and from someone who probably hasn't been to a game all season. :lolol: They've just won promotion. To the premier league. And you think that makes them unprofessional? ??? 43 games of the highest standard this season and you feel comfortable sitting on your sofa, beer in hand and complain they look devastated? Just wow.

What on earth does my attending games have to do with anything at all? We won promotion and we won it at a canter. Newcastle also won promotion. One team went out on the piss and went on holiday and took 1 point from their last 3 games. One team went on to storm to the title when 7 behind. Letting that go is unprofessional.

Oh and by the way this I'm a better fan than you nonsense is what makes this board such a shit show to be on sometimes, not the bed wetters or the happy clappers. This I am a better fan than you because I live closer to the ground and therefore my opinion is more important stinks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fantastic we did it we are in the Premier league at last, no worrying about the play offs, no heatache relegation.

What a fantastic season, yes I'm a bit disappointed with the last three results but still so proud of what the management and team have achieved this season.

Let's be honest who saw this coming and Newcastle should have pissed this league on their budget, so proud we pushed them all the way.

We're Brighton & Hove Albion, were Premier league.....

Roll on next Sunday and the parade.

lugsy

Sep 2, 2009
Only us Brighton fans can be happy and miserable at the same time lol. We are Premier League, mission acomplished, simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here