Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
You're still doing it! Why don't you engage your brain and watch the reality. You may not - but I admire the American people.

You'd need to live here for 26 years to understand what happened tonight. As a proud Brit exiled in the US, I'd encourage you to not be afraid about Trump. The USA was heading to the dogs. The country needed to throw out the smug, elite ruling class. Yes it'll be messy but the people spoke and they won tonight. A government truly for the people, by the people.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You'd need to live here for 26 years to understand what happened tonight. As a proud Brit exiled in the US, I'd encourage you to not be afraid about Trump. The USA was heading to the dogs. The country needed to throw out the smug, elite ruling class. Yes it'll be messy but the people spoke and they won tonight. A government truly for the people, by the people.

I don't live in the USA and realise that like over in the UK the people see what outsiders do not see, which is why like Brexit, the majority had enough of what they were being dished up. Your vote and your choice.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Eh? How does a narcissic serial bankrupt misogynistic billionaire represent 'the people'?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's like the good old days in Britain....

Crazy world at the moment, I fully expect Russia to seriously start pushing its weight around.

It's all a bit worrying.

For now, I'm glad I'm not a person of colour/gay/muslim/immigrant waking up in Trump's America. Some serious nut jobs support that guy.

edit : how could I forget! Also, A woman.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Eh? How does a narcissic serial bankrupt misogynistic billionaire represent 'the people'?

He could be the best choice out of two terrible candidates though. Clinton is poison as well from what I gather, perhaps the people of the USA have voted for the better of the two. Their choice but I suspect bleating again after another democratic vote.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
God bless America. Today I expect lots of bed-wetting hyperbole from distraught lefties unable to understand democracy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wonder what The Donald will be back tracking on breakfast TV, this morning?

It's going to be tougher for him as other than the wall, (which we all know isn't going to happen) he has no other policies.

thats no true, he's also going to raise an extra $1trillionn debt every year, ban muslims and start a trade war with China and south east Asia.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bizarre that during the rise of the red neck, bible bashing, xenophobic people of the USA, California should legalise recreational use of cannabis.
Not sure whether to boycott Trumpland or go to California to start a marijuana farm.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

With all due respect. No. Not true.

The country is not going to the dogs. Far from it, fee health is a human right, not a business plan. Affordable housing is a human right, not something for those in the high tax bracket.

I can not explain to my American born children that it is cool to be sexist, racist and down right rude to the working class that you will now pretend to represent. Kind of like where you live, we are deep in diversity over here that involves the exact people that he wants to get rid of. He is a bully, that has cashed in on the weak willed, and the easily led middle America that believes in guns and that women have a place in the kitchen.

My family has been here for a lot longer than you state, we are proud English people from the South Coast of England and have loved America because it has allowed us the opportunities to flourish and be ourselves. My wife and children are classed as minorities and will be victims of this ****wits preachings. America is about equality and acceptance of people from everywhere...tonight, that belief took a huge step backwards.

Just stating my two pennies worth as you did, no offense intended.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Groveling appologies required by those outspoken detractors who recklessly nailed their colours to the mast. They include Westminster, the Regions, the Establishment, and all the Media. They haven't learned a thing over recent British elections!

We now have to find a path to a smooth relationship with the new president of our best friends and soul mates. I hope Trump is more conciliatory than you lot?

I really don't understand this post. Why should people who did not want Trump need to apologise for anything? It's their opinion. Which is what democracy is about. Isn't it? And, just like Brexit, there are almost as many people (in percentage terms) who didn't want Trump as those who did.

Btw, didn't Trump say the election was fixed? I wonder if he will be pursuing that allegation...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here