Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Advice for someone wanting to play Guitar.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
If you're like me and you like singing, strum the chords and sing along. I've found that chords and lyrics on the internet are often inaccurate, better to get books like 'The Big Guitar Chord Songbook' (decade series, sixties my favourite) which show the chord diagrams as well as the lyrics. You should be able to quite easily make the music flow after some practice. I tried finger picking but found the sound too thin and difficulty meant lots of stops and starts. I have a spanish classical guitar, does the job well. I recommend having a few lessons so you can get correct hand and finger positions, especially for barre chords.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Practise plucking with your fingers if you're going to use the acoustic. Huge advantage learning to pluck with your fingers. It also makes playing the bass much easier if you already have learnt to use your fingers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Another vote for learning to use your fingers to pluck - you may find that the skill has other applications too.

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
so i finally bought my first guitar monday and have started learning "let her go" by passenger and its going well so far.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
so i finally bought my first guitar monday and have started learning "let her go" by passenger and its going well so far.

Free Fallin' by Tom Petty is easy starter with a 3 chord variation around D. Another one to pick up pretty quick is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Let Her Go looks a tough starter so good luck!

Last edited:

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
Free Fallin' by Tom Petty is easy starter with a 3 chord variation around D. Another one to pick up pretty quick is Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Let Her Go looks a tough starter so good luck!

thanks. there is a site called www.andyguitar.co.uk where he teaches how to play let her go for beginners he is relly good. ill look up the tabs for those songs too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here