Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
BZ would be great, as long as we dont expect him to be a goal machine. he hasnt been for years, more or less since he left us. he will be a quality addition to any Championship side, as holding forward/winger, who'll chip in a few goals (usually in crucial games) and a bunch of assists.

we'll still need a main striker to bring home the goals.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He actually played 31 times. His Wikipedia page hasn't been updated in a while.

He started 19 league games and appeared 12 times as sub (plus 2 sub cup appearances) for a total of 33 games this season. Soccerbase is always a better site to get appearance stats.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He started 19 league games and appeared 12 times as sub (plus 2 sub cup appearances) for a total of 33 games this season. Soccerbase is always a better site to get appearance stats.

Yes I know. My comment was based on based on his Premier League appearances, since that was what the previous comment was based on. I got my stats from Soccerbase, hence my comment that his Wikipedia page hadn't been updated in a while.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
good squad signings but where did it leave us when they left ?

we need players with 4-5 seasons in them to build a strong team not 1 year wonders

"Squad players"? :ffsparr:

They very nearly left us in the Premier League. Since we have stopped signing former premier league players, where has that left us?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He was sounded out over a month ago, and wages spoke about, but what was quoted IMO was way to high. It's a hard call, as if he gave us a whole season he could be a good buy, but if he is injured for a large part of it, he's going to cost a fortune sitting on his arse.

It's a huge gamble, and personally I would rather us go for someone like Chris Wood and spend the money on him.

It was said to be a last minute thing if it happens, so I suspect the club are looking at other options first. One thing for sure, its going to be a busy summer!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that the same BZ who played 21 times in the Prem last season?
Would fans turn on BZ for not scoring in 2 games?
Sure I'm being a little hyperbolic.
But I don't imagine even a legend like Bobby would get 10+ non scoring games from all Brighton fans, before grumblings are heard.

Quite what that's got to do with games started last season, is anyone's guess?

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Maybe we can sign him as a player/coach, he can give our current strikers a masterclass in goal scoring! :wink::wink:

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
"Squad players"? :ffsparr:

They very nearly left us in the Premier League. Since we have stopped signing former premier league players, where has that left us?

squad player in the sense that they would have been great signings to boost a improving young squad .

my point being if a club is going to sign ageing prem players it should be in a supporting role and not to pin all our hope and dreams on

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
[MENTION=20829]Brimmermusic[/MENTION] fits the mould of those pathetic rumour story makers we get on here during close season :

1. Been registered for a while - TICK
2. Rarely posts - TICK
3. Creates a thread without sources or photos - TICK
4. Doesn't post again on the thread - TICK
5. Stays online to watch the fallout while w@nking himself silly over how clever he's been - TICK

Check his previous posts. He has history.

Yoda

English & European
and personally I wouldn't buy any of them in the UK, well maybe one.

I have decided the criteria for the club is:-

- Early to mid twenties.
- Junior international experience.
- Year or year goals without a massive peak or trough season.
- Club progression, either the same one, or transferring 'up'.
- A full season last year.

I don't really care where they come from, but I'd much rather the club signed players wanting to prove themselves.
Instead of the procession of useless lolloping lumps we've loaned in and thrown good money after bad at.

The only trouble with that criteria is, if signing from this Country, it will blow our entire budget for the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only trouble with that criteria is, if signing from this Country, it will blow our entire budget for the season.
Hence the first sentence, makes sense it does.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Commercially it would make financial sense to sign BZ as shirt sales and lettering would go bonkers for him for all the fans who never had the pleasure of seeing the great man play
So it would be a YES from Paul Barber at least

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Commercially it would make financial sense to sign BZ as shirt sales and lettering would go bonkers for him for all the fans who never had the pleasure of seeing the great man play
So it would be a YES from Paul Barber at least

I think you're overestimating. It would probably sell a couple of thousand extra shirts; that would cover his wages for about 2 weeks assuming we'd offer something in the region of 15K. Doesn't change my opinion though: I still think he'd be a really valuable squad member for a season (or two).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did: "well maybe one."
Ah, that'll be me not explaining myself well.
The 'maybe one' was my 'old head' Zamoraish caveat, apologises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here