Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion V Partick Thistle ****Official Match Thread****

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nice outing. Dont subscribe to the view that pre-season games are meaningless, so pleased to see a few elements gelling, particularly the midfield and the likes of CMS and March looking useful

March looked fantastic in the first half and CMS very sharp..... Think Charlie Harris may be a dark horse, he played well at Lewes as well.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well unless Patrick are really crap! and bearing in mind we have several senior players out I think that bodes well. I shall sleep well tonight. Unless I win the lottery ...then I won't sleep at all. :)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Stephens - ankle injury - not in Spain.

The article didn't say Stephens wasn't in Spain, just that he wouldn't be playing a match. He posted a picture on Instagram of the game in progress (from behind the dugout), stating he was watching with his ankle on ice, so he is out there.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Going by this
[tweet]487994305735581696[/tweet]
Stephens on the bench, didn't think he even travelled

Pinatar Arena issued an updated teamsheet without Stephens on it (he was replaced by Brad Barry). He is out there though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watched the game on my phone from the Ile de Re so a bit limiting but thought we looked ok in parts with some good passing although our defence looked a bit dodgy. Good run out against a side probably not much above the level of Lewes but it was their second game and as with everyone in pre season a bit leggy through over training.
We need a few in don't we but it'll happen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Watched the game on my phone from the Ile de Re so a bit limiting but thought we looked ok in parts with some good passing although our defence looked a bit dodgy. Good run out against a side probably not much above the level of Lewes but it was their second game and as with everyone in pre season a bit leggy through over training.
We need a few in don't we but it'll happen.

Love Ile de Re. Get yourself down to Ars en re :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Love Ile de Re. Get yourself down to Ars en re :)

Appropriately named (well Ernest would say so) :lolol: Was there at lunchtime for some moules frites on our way between the beach at Phare des Baleines and afternoon beverages by the harbourside at St Martin.
Really one of my very favourite places

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed that game friendly it might have been but many fine performances by the youngsters, and last seasons youngster are no more, very mature men who knew what they were doing
great stuff.
and yes I know it was only Partick Thistle

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Enjoyed that - looked good in parts and organised...

Also any Nathan Jones knockers hopefully heard some of his input today. Very astute instructions being issued & clearly has a good reading of the game - could hear he'd done his badges & learnt!

A word on Kemy, who many on twitter said looked good. Have to say from what I saw (30mins it so of first half) I thought he played several aimless hoofs upfield. He's not overweight, he's well built, but did seem a bit leggy in the fitness stakes. He also played a worldy of a pass through to CMS & did some short intricate passes. I guess we saw the good & bad parts of his game today...

Solly March confirmed what an important player he's gonna be for us this year - looked much better in behind the front man. Have to say I hope we don't play CMS in that position under Sammi as he's def not a lone striker. Lessons learnt from that game IMO which is a good thing...

We need 6 or 7 players IMO - seriously lacking in depth..

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could only watch the first 40 minutes of it and Kemy Agustien wasn't getting the ball much and when he did he lost it straightaway. I am not writing him off. He was superfluous in his midfield position and he tried lots of things that just did not come off. I wasn't very impressed with what I saw. Seemed like more of the same. Forster-Caskey was best I thought. But despite being best he wasn't actually causing Thistle any trouble. I think Sami has a bit of a job on his hands.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I could only watch the first 40 minutes of it and Kemy Agustien wasn't getting the ball much and when he did he lost it straightaway. I am not writing him off. He was superfluous in his midfield position and he tried lots of things that just did not come off. I wasn't very impressed with what I saw. Seemed like more of the same. Forster-Caskey was best I thought. But despite being best he wasn't actually causing Thistle any trouble. I think Sami has a bit of a job on his hands.

I'm glad you saw Kemy the same as me as lots on twitter were tweeting him saying how good he was. I counted 3 or 4 pretty aimless floating balls up top to the small CMS - which the PT CBs dealt with with great ease. Just an observation, nice to see him back though...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion expect that Dunk's injury wasn't serious - "just a kick on the foot"
[tweet]488060307407777792[/tweet]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Of course, I looked at Toko, but the video picture wasn't very good. He looked more like a stopper than a playmaker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here