Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
CMS played a vital role today. He always made himself an outlet for a longer ball, and often won possession, free kick or a throw-in. One of the freekicks he won led to our goal. Yeah, he has lost a little pace, but I think he looks stronger when holding off defenders. O'Grady also played very well as a lone striker today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno was weak when he come on and I too can only hope he replaced Ince for a problem with Ince and not tactical. Up to that point Ince was controlling the midfield.

Furthermore he did take one for team but not due to Bennett being out of position it was Bruno who caused the ball to be lost.

Matter of opinion March played a sloppy pass, that went astray and Bruno chased it down as Bennett had pushed forward, at least that was how I saw it..... :)

I do agree Ince was controlling the midfield, if anything Bruno should have gone on, but on the right hand side, to help Caldy.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As regards CMS you should listen to the radio Sussex interview after the game with JFC and then you would realise how much he contributes to the team and how much they appreciate his running off the ball to give them an outlet.

Which they then ignore ... team nicey nicey BS. He wasn't great before.. the injury has done him

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 8 -- a few great saves
Calde 6 -- some good runs behind their defence
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bennett 7
Holla 6.5 -- assured
Ince 7.5 -- simply immense in the first half, made too many mistakes in the second but, as with Solly against Fulham, top man for scoring his first league goal
JFC 6.5 -- did some good things
March 7.5 -- he's back to full fitness, and really posing a threat
Baldock 6 -- intelligent player, should have passed to March when he was in acres of space in the penalty area
CMS 4.5 -- did anyone think he looked like scoring?

Bruno 4 -- worse performance I've seen from him
COG 7 -- he needs to start

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Stockdale - 7

Calderon - 6

Bennett - 6.5

Dunk - 7.5

Greer - 7

Holla - 7

Ince - 8 - Class, especially his roulette.

JFC - 6

March - 8.5 MOM. Surprisingly good defensively as well as his wing play.

Baldock - 7, needs to play down the middle with COG

CMS - 6.5

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bruno - 6.5

O'Grady - 7

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Which they then ignore ... team nicey nicey BS. He wasn't great before.. the injury has done him

Problem with CMS is he is awful receiving the ball. He's ok chasing a diagonal ball but he is not and has never been a target man. O Grady made the ball stick. even if only for a short period. There was one instance when O Grady received the ball to feet, controlled it, had two defenders tackling him, all of them ending going to ground but he still had it, ended up winning a freekick if memory serves me or at least a throw in. Simply if that was CMS they would have strolled away with it. It's the ability to hold the ball and bring other into play that CMS hasn't got. O Grady may not be the answer but he's makes a better fist of it than anyone else at the club at present.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bennett 7
Holla 6.5 -- assured
Ince 7.5 -- simply immense in the first half, made too many mistakes in the second but, as with Solly against Fulham, top man for scoring his first league goal
Baldock 6 -- intelligent player, should have passed to March when he was in acres of space in the penalty area

Totally agree.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At the game.
I do not think that we would have won the game without Ince. Not just his goal but he broke up their attacks and used the ball very well, especially in the first half.
I thought Calde had a very good game as did Bennett, three games without conceding a goal means the defence are doing fine.
Stockdale had another good game, and March played well. Holla is fitting in well.
So, even marks all round for me with Ince and Stockdale just above.

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
Stockdale - 8.5 mom
Calde - 6.5 some good crosses but outplayed at times
Bennett - 6.5 quality player but doesn't always make good decisions
Dunk - 8 Solid
Greer - 7
Holla - 6.5 quietly did his job
Ince - 7.5 improving all the time great goal but not always sure what to do with the ball
JFC - 7
March - 7 quality but bottled a couple of tackles and should pass sooner
Baldock - 6
CMS - 6 works hard, holds ball up well but not good enough
Bruno - 3 not impressed with him getting a yellow
O'Grady - 7 legend
Halford - 7 not on for long but did a job great clearances

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think a number of you are underestimating the importance of CMS's running off the ball. It opens defences and gives us opportunities. Stocky was very good today and has become (after time) a worthy replacement for PIG. March was good and Calde doesn't deserve the criticism he seems to be getting. I am sorry to say this but JFC was sub standard for me again today. MOTM has to be Ince, he was superb in the first half, flagged a bit in the second but still scored the vital goal. Sami, what were you thinking of?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Problem with CMS is he is awful receiving the ball. He's ok chasing a diagonal ball but he is not and has never been a target man. O Grady made the ball stick. even if only for a short period. There was one instance when O Grady received the ball to feet, controlled it, had two defenders tackling him, all of them ending going to ground but he still had it, ended up winning a freekick if memory serves me or at least a throw in. Simply if that was CMS they would have strolled away with it. It's the ability to hold the ball and bring other into play that CMS hasn't got. O Grady may not be the answer but he's makes a better fist of it than anyone else at the club at present.

Agree ... at Posh he was great running the channels against less capable CB's. We've never played that game, but I've always been a supporter for his dedication and effort. But he's lost his pace and I can't see how he's ever going to be effective ... nice bloke but time to move on I'm afraid

Stumpy Tim

Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bennett 7
Holla 6.5 -- assured

Largely agree, though think slightly high marks for Stockdale - did well, but no truly outstanding saves

Stumpy Tim

I think a number of you are underestimating the importance of CMS's running off the ball. It opens defences and gives us opportunities.

This line is wheeled out all the time, but watch him closely. His off the ball running is actually rubbish... yes he makes the odd run, but he's always on his heels and doesn't anticipate anything. He runs a lot when we don't have the ball - he's a very good "hassler", but when we have the ball he makes all the wrong runs (or no runs).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This line is wheeled out all the time, but watch him closely. His off the ball running is actually rubbish... yes he makes the odd run, but he's always on his heels and doesn't anticipate anything. He runs a lot when we don't have the ball - he's a very good "hassler", but when we have the ball he makes all the wrong runs (or no runs).

However since he has returned to the side we have won every game.....just saying

Noticed the low marks for CMS but according to WA he was one of our best players with his runs off the ball but none of the midfielders picked him up. The sooner Bruno is back instead of Calderon the better for the team as he is a far better defender and gets caught out less often.

I only listened to it on Player but if WA says CMS did a great job then that's good enough for me; he knows more about football than most people on here put together.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes, it could be that. Or it could be because we sacked Hyppia (and Holla & Ince have returned). I wonder which it is.

maybe... im just suggesting its easy to under estimate his worth to the side, especially in our current predicament

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here