Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And still some call for a repeat of the madness that is Pompey.:eek:

This is from footymad Pompey forum:

Interesting post. Only yesterday I had a discussion in the South Stand about what an attractive purchase Pompey must be. I said this because, if I've got it right, Pompey owe relatively little money considering they own their ground. Pompey also comes ( at the moment) with big crowds and an even bigger potential. Unlikely (IMO) that there are many clubs that come with ground, fans and massive potential for, probably, not too much loot ? Dunno whether selling to a rich owner is the right thing but gambling is what football clubs tend to do to gain success. We could sit around in the lower divisions for 40 yrs ! I, for one, I quite enjoyed playing Man United etc. A rich owner may be a gamble but the alternative ? It's an interesting question, at least.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is anyone else really enjoying watching Pompey getting precariously close to the relegation zone in League 2?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is anyone else really enjoying watching Pompey getting precariously close to the relegation zone in League 2?

Not me.

:lol: :jester:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Given the choice of Brighton getting to the play-offs and Pompey going down, I'd be very tempted to go for the latter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given the choice of Brighton getting to the play-offs and Pompey going down, I'd be very tempted to go for the latter.

Whatever happens, I'd never prioritise another club's fate over ours.

Is it greedy to hope for both?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just checked. Currently three points off the drop zone.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My daughter lives in Fratton. She thinks it's hilarious.

My grandson also loves walking round the town in an Albion shirt.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
North Ferriby United: brace yourself for Mr Pompey :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tricky fixtures at North Ferriby United and Solihull Moors, sandwiched between the local derby - Eastleigh.

Big ****in laughs

I'd almost say that was worth a LOL. And I never say LOL.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just let it out. PMSL ROFL etc

You'd get a genuine, bona fide LMFAO if they actually made the plummet into the Staples-Pedigree Chum Premiership or whatever it's called these days.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
North Ferriby United: brace yourself for Mr Pompey :lolol:
There's nothing wrong with North Ferriby. It's a nice little place with excellent views across the Humber. Why would anyone want to wish this on them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here