Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion interested in Cardiff Striker Joe Mason

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
For all this talk of Gus's brilliant flair signings (and there were a couple), we're better off than at the same stage last season. So the so-called cast-offs extensively scouted by Burke et al seem to be doing something right. Someone like Conway may never be as exciting as Vicente but his assist ratio can't be far off being just as good.

really? i think not. in his first season his assists were numerous - not to mention the goals.

The pride of Cymru

Feb 16, 2013
I don't think you'll be able to sign him on a permanent. Maybe a loan deal. This kid is going places. Quality striker. You wouldn't be able to buy him for less than £6m+ with his potential, and how highly all at the club value him....

Stumpy Tim

I don't think you'll be able to sign him on a permanent. Maybe a loan deal. This kid is going places. Quality striker. You wouldn't be able to buy him for less than £6m+ with his potential, and how highly all at the club value him....

Well a figure of £600k is being bandied about in articles... sounds like he's not getting a game for Cardiff

The pride of Cymru

Feb 16, 2013
Well a figure of £600k is being bandied about in articles... sounds like he's not getting a game for Cardiff

I don't know where that figures come from. Linked to a £6m move to Arsenal last season. He just needs a season of regular football and he'll be ready for us.

Most likely option for you is a loan unless you want to spend that sort of money. But I can't see him wanting to leave permanently. Always says how much he loves it here.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I don't know where that figures come from. Linked to a £6m move to Arsenal last season. He just needs a season of regular football and he'll be ready for us.

Most likely option for you is a loan unless you want to spend that sort of money. But I can't see him wanting to leave permanently. Always says how much he loves it here.

Nooney loved it in Brighton :p

I'm joshing, Joe Mason is a really good player who I can see being way out of our price range for a permanent deal. Loan deal could happen if he fancies it though

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I see what point you're trying to make.. Based on anything or just guess work? Seems very unrealistic seen as 7-8m is being branded about for him.

And we're on the verge of selling a player in the opposite direction with no mention of a sell on.

Only way we'd have a remote chance of signing Ings would be if Ulloa was off.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Erm...no! It'd be a loan anyway though.

Austin only went for 4m,Ings wants to be back down south(personal reasons)cash plus Barnes could seal the deal.

That a joke, right? They won't be giving up Ings for Barnes. Besides, swap deals almost never happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why do we keep looking at Welsh clubs? Even if we get a player on loan it takes two weeks to get international clearance.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Erm...no! It'd be a loan anyway though.

That a joke, right? They won't be giving up Ings for Barnes. Besides, swap deals almost never happen.

Reports suggest Cardiff want to sell and we're a club looking to buy though? It'll be interesting to see who we do sign anyway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here