Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It is hardly surprising, the Chinese will eat anything that is alive and moves. They have no regard for animal welfare and treat creatures as their personal fodder and don't get me starting on their legal ivory trade which means the World will see Elephants extinct in 15 years, for what ? A paperweight ? Rhino's as well, Tigers, Shark Fin soup and many more. A dreadful country for their appalling and disgraceful attitudes towards Animals

Not to mention the much needed tiger bones for Chinese medicine

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I would be very surprised if 90% of commercial meat eaters didn't feel sick to their stomachs if they were walked through an average day at the abattoir. And yet it's completely great not having to eat meat these times - there's so much delicious, nutritious food to be had. We're spoiled for choice - and it's all torture free.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
screeming vegitable.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If The big man didn't intend dogs to be eaten why did he makes them out of meat?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why is a dog different from a pig, a cow, a chicken etc? Either object to all animals being eaten or none at all. Object to poor animal welfare if that is going on, and it probably is. But don't just tell some people in China that they cannot eat dog, because you think they are cuter in some way than other animals people happily eat.

PS. I am expecting an awful lot of thumbs down for this opinion, it is not going to be popular.
Dogs are probably the 3rd most intelligent thing on the planet....what a hideous thing to say as the usual chickens and pigs have very little intelligence.
Dogs can do what no other animal can do and that list is endless:)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It is hardly surprising, the Chinese will eat anything that is alive and moves. They have no regard for animal welfare and treat creatures as their personal fodder and don't get me starting on their legal ivory trade which means the World will see Elephants extinct in 15 years, for what ? A paperweight ? Rhino's as well, Tigers, Shark Fin soup and many more. A dreadful country for their appalling and disgraceful attitudes towards Animals

You do realise the historical reason for the Chinese eating basically any creature that offered some kind of protein.

Regarding your assertion that the World will see elephants extinct in 15 years, I'd happily bet against you being correct. I'm not belittling your point about the wanton poaching - I agree it is both unnecessary and should be stamped out worldwide - but I think your 15 year survival window is about as accurate as me being taught at school that the world would run out of oil and coal by the year 2000. It ain't going to happen.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dogs are probably the 3rd most intelligent thing on the planet....what a hideous thing to say as the usual chickens and pigs have very little intelligence.
Dogs can do what no other animal can do and that list is endless:)

Really? If we are number one, are you saying dogs are more intelligent than Dolphins, Chimpanzees, Whales and Elephants? It is arguable that pigs are more intelligent than dogs as well. You are confusing the fact we have taught dogs to do lots of things with direct intelligence. You are also confusing the fact that we have chosen dogs as the animal to teach these things to as they come in a nice manageable package. We could teach pigs to do all the things that dogs do, but it just isn't practical. Sniffer pigs in the airport? A guide pig? They have the intelligence to do it. So why not?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Humans can form a bond with a dog that cannot be replicated with many other animals. Reading about this disgraceful festival in China has made me more upset then I've been in a very long time.

If you eat a dog, you're a c***t. No more, no less. If you condone violence against dogs, you're a c**t. No more, no less.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I know there are a lot of dog lovers and parents on this forum. I am asking if you can sign a petition urging the Chinese government to prevent a dog eating festival going ahead this Sunday. Just imagine the screams and pain these puppies and dogs will suffer if they go for the chop to be used in restaurants up and down the country. Pets are often stolen from households by gangs to sell to the butchers. Imagine your dog ending up in a chop suey or egg foo young! Please sign this petition, I urge you. Please save the puppies. Thank-you!

cutest-puppies-5.jpg

Forgive me.... I first thought your user name was Greggs in Brighton....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Chinese really don't like animals, do they?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You do realise the historical reason for the Chinese eating basically any creature that offered some kind of protein.

Regarding your assertion that the World will see elephants extinct in 15 years, I'd happily bet against you being correct. I'm not belittling your point about the wanton poaching - I agree it is both unnecessary and should be stamped out worldwide - but I think your 15 year survival window is about as accurate as me being taught at school that the world would run out of oil and coal by the year 2000. It ain't going to happen.

Oh yeah! What was that all about? Right up there with the hoverboards fiasco.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Signed. A truly barbaric practice which I hope can be stopped.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Was in China for work many years ago now, and was offered some dog. Not sure on the cut, but it tasted quite similar to corned beef. Don't think we are missing out on much.

For meat in general, they tend to like all the bits we tend to throw out (or mechanically reclaim) eg. beaks, toungue, feet, brains etc. The only thing I didn't eat was live prawns. To be precise, dying prawns, because they had been put in a bowl of Mau Tai (about 70% proof). Clearly not their natural habitat, and they were busy gasping for air, and gulping this rice whisky s***. This was in turn clearing out their digestion tract (that black line that runs through the centre of a prawn). When clear, you were supposed to eat the thing.

Three other habits that I found a little disgusting/public health concerns:-
1) Gobbing all the time (TB must be rife)
2) Babies with no nappies. Just a flap, permanently open, exposing its arse, which they then hold over the gutter and let it shit in the road.
3) Litter (polystyrene litter) Everything was served in polystyrene which then go dumped in the river. The river banks were white with these discarded food containers

This was about 20 years ago now, and I can see from tele these things have changed a lot

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Humans can form a bond with a dog that cannot be replicated with many other animals. Reading about this disgraceful festival in China has made me more upset then I've been in a very long time.

If you eat a dog, you're a c***t. No more, no less. If you condone violence against dogs, you're a c**t. No more, no less.

Post of the Day

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Was in China for work many years ago now, and was offered some dog. Not sure on the cut, but it tasted quite similar to corned beef. Don't think we are missing out on much.

For meat in general, they tend to like all the bits we tend to throw out (or mechanically reclaim) eg. beaks, toungue, feet, brains etc. The only thing I didn't eat was live prawns. To be precise, dying prawns, because they had been put in a bowl of Mau Tai (about 70% proof). Clearly not their natural habitat, and they were busy gasping for air, and gulping this rice whisky s***. This was in turn clearing out their digestion tract (that black line that runs through the centre of a prawn). When clear, you were supposed to eat the thing.

Three other habits that I found a little disgusting/public health concerns:-
1) Gobbing all the time (TB must be rife)
2) Babies with no nappies. Just a flap, permanently open, exposing its arse, which they then hold over the gutter and let it shit in the road.
3) Litter (polystyrene litter) Everything was served in polystyrene which then go dumped in the river. The river banks were white with these discarded food containers

This was about 20 years ago now, and I can see from tele these things have changed a lot

Sick fcks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here