ok 24 hours ish will do

did Monza and back for the gp some years ago

when checking,surprised to see Monza is only 593 air miles from London

so call it a round 1200 miles

I'm sure this will be smashed out of the ball park

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
6,484 miles. London to Montreal and back in 1987, to sign some company legal documents and bring them back to London.

Took the morning flight out from London and caught the early evening flight back. Was only there for less than 6 hours, half of which was spent in taxis between the airport and downtown.

Got some strange looks and a few questions at LHR check-in, when they saw I was returning the same day!

Madness, but exciting for a 29 year old at the time!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chamonix from Brighton, and back.

About 10 / 15 years ago, one of the major ski package companies trialled one day skiing in The Alps, flying from/to Gatwick.

With a 6am flight and just a one hour transfer from Geneva, we were on course for many hours skiing. But had to wait forever on our coach at Geneva for the ********s who took their own skis and waited for them to come through. Plus for skiers on a later flight from Manchester.

A dumb idea, soon dropped.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
6,484 miles. London to Montreal and back in 1987, to sign some company legal documents and bring them back to London.

Took the morning flight out from London and caught the early evening flight back. Was only there for less than 6 hours, half of which was spent in taxis between the airport and downtown.

Got some strange looks and a few questions at LHR check-in, when they saw I was returning the same day!

kin' hell :bowdown:

Jul 7, 2003
Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Zurich for day trips as part of work.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Need the time you left home and got home. I reckon you ran into 2 days albeit in less than 24 hours.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably Carlisle away

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I know someone who flew to Orlando and back on the same day, something to do with some paperwork at customs for some formula one freight, and the tight ******** made him travel cattle class too !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Milan. Work.

Could have stayed over but I like to sleep in my own bed.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Did London to LA for work once, and back the next day, technically on the ground about 36 hours so not quite a day trip, but pretty bloody tiring. Basically just have to stay awake the whole time or you're ****ed!

LA-NY day trip is pretty doable and done once or twice, land in NYC about 5am and then take the last 10pm back home, round trip of 5,000 miles

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Aberdeen, which compared to some of the trips mentioned just seems like a stroll to the corner shop

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Austria for a day's work. Flew out a t about 6am, back in Gatwick at about midnight.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hartlepool away for me, when Gus' side were kicked all over the place and we lost 3-1, and arguably we lost Kazenga LuaLua forever that day. He wasn't as potent and dangerous after that injury as he had been before, maybe it was a legacy of the horror tackle playing on his mind or maybe he just didn't physically recover.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
My Grandfather moved in to a home in Grange over Sands in Cumbria a few years ago. One Sunday drove there from Southampton (6 hours) spent 30 minutes with him before he fell asleep. Then got back in the car and drove home...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did London to LA for work once, and back the next day, technically on the ground about 36 hours so not quite a day trip, but pretty bloody tiring. Basically just have to stay awake the whole time or you're ****ed!

LA-NY day trip is pretty doable and done once or twice, land in NYC about 5am and then take the last 10pm back home, round trip of 5,000 miles

Done San Francisco similarly but a hotel room for a night makes it null and void in thrad context. Brought me 200K for my research group so worth a mention :rave:.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Another time I flew out of Gatwick to Dublin on a Saturday night. Got into Central Dublin late Saturday night had way too many beers then got a taxi back to the airport at 2am for the first flight back to Gatwick...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here