Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spain v Putin’s Empire (BBC1)

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Agreed. Clattenberg was right. No penalty.

Spain have only got themselves to blame. They’ve always preferred to ponce around rather than put the ball in the net but for a few years they were so good they couldn’t help but score goals against anyone. Those days are gone. They’re just a decent team with no cutting edge now.

The golden gen have gone or are going.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Clattenberg has just reviewed the non-penalty and says no penalty. The reverse view clearly shows Ramos linking arms with the defender and grabbing his shirt. Not wnough going on with Pique to be given either. VAR correct.

Wonder where I have seen that before recently!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
What incident? The one that was clearly not a penalty and the VAR panel didn't even deem it worth the referee's attention?

Clutching at straws, Spain weren't good and up against a resilient team with an obvious game plan as we have done many times in Hughton's reign.

Adios.

WHAT INCIDENT ?

Then you refer to the VAR incident !

Spain wernt bueno , but , it was , a Penalty , X2 ,

Ciao

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I'm not sure if Spain's penalty claim was a clear and obvious error - so I can understand why it was not given - but it was definitely a talking point. So why didn't the BBC show it again and talk about it post match?[/QU

Perhaps the Beebs policy is , to keep schtum , in all things Russian ?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Spain have only got themselves to blame. They’ve always preferred to ponce around rather than put the ball in the net but for a few years they were so good they couldn’t help but score goals against anyone. Those days are gone. They’re just a decent team with no cutting edge now.

He is a paid up member of the refs club , what else is he gonna say ??

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Spain are to have an inquisition.
I wasn't expecting that.

B0DA31C3-9B15-4785-94B9-BCCE4212A05F.jpeg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree about your analysis of Spain. No Xavi and Iniesta on the bench. They play the ball around with no end product and why oh why take off Costa and not play two up front. Russia were doing nothing but hoping for penalties. Spain seem to have very limited options up front.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here