Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Connor Goldson latest - talks ongoing over this weekend between @OfficialBHAFC and [MENTION=31067]Ranger[/MENTION]sFC. Source says “work still to be done” to conclude deal on defender.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Daily Record today.
"Connor Goldson will arrive in Glasgow this week for a medical after clinching his £3million move to Rangers".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A steal !

Do not underestimate the Albion. If it is £3 million then I imagine there will be add ons from which we benefit big time if he goes on to be the valuable superstar some on here think he has the potential to become.

We will NOT be seen off if he goes on to greater things, as long as it’s not with Rangers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do not underestimate the Albion. If it is £3 million then I imagine there will be add ons from which we benefit big time if he goes on to be the valuable superstar some on here think he has the potential to become.
What percentage are you thinking?

For his career I'd think he'd be better off playing for a decent Championship club. The opposition Rangers face each week is just too poor.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While CG has loads of potential he doesn't have loads of games under his belt, 3/4 million is a fair price.
We are clearing the fringe players to bring in better, harsh but good business.
I'm sure we will have the same debate about Baldock, Hemed and Norwood.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What percentage are you thinking?

For his career I'd think he'd be better off playing for a decent Championship club. The opposition Rangers face each week is just too poor.

I have no idea but if he shines at Rangers he can expect a Premier League club to come calling. Van Dyke springs to mind £3 million to Celtic and sold on to Southampton for 13 million. Rest assured if that happens the Albion will have negotiated a big sell on percentage. Playing for one of the big three or four in Scotland is just as high profile as any Championship team, probably higher. Remember they give out Scottish Premier results before the Championship on English tv and give them more coverage than Championship teams in the English media too. :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He was younger, and after he efforts at monkey tennis we tried to buy him for a couple of million. If Goldson did well with Rangers, he could get a move to a club like Brighton.

No we tried to buy him just before he went to Celtic. He made the right choice. A couple of milllion,? He got sold for 10 million more than Celtic paid, we were out of the game as soon as he went to high profile Celtic.

I don’t buy this, “should go to the Championship to raise his profile” guff myself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No we tried to buy him just before he went to Celtic.
Yes I remembered that.
He made the right choice.
How do we know that? He was young enough and good enough so I imagine he'd have done well either way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe a £10M buy-back clause mightn't be a bad idea?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I remembered that.
How do we know that? He was young enough and good enough so I imagine he'd have done well either way.

If you remembered it why suggest we tried to buy him from Celtic?

My point is going to a top Scottish club is not the crap move you seem to be intimating by suggesting he’d be better off in the Championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

My point is going to a top Scottish club is not the crap move you seem to be intimating by suggesting he’d be better off in the Championship.

.....and it offers him a big match experience, one that doesn't get much bigger. The football may not be of the highest standard, but the pressure will be huge - and that experience is almost as important for his progress as anything else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because I remembered after I posted, and edited before you replied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here