Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

Tony Bloom made a call to arms, and oh boy, the troops reacted.

That was, without a doubt, the most electrifying, deafening atmosphere I have ever experienced at the Amex, maybe ever at an Albion game. The flags were a triumph, that just looked fantastic. But the NOISE level was something else. I can't remember ever hearing the team roared on for so long, in such a prolonged display of passion and desire. That goal was just about inevitable, the team just seemed to be swept along on a tidal wave of emotion and sheer force of will from the stands. I'll never forget that atmosphere as long as I live.

Quite how Wednesday survived that onslaught I don't think I will never know. We should have been comfortably home and hosed after half an hour, but a combination of blind luck, great keeping and wasteful finishing left us vulnerable to the sucker punch, which duly arrived with that fluked goal that we never retrieved.

I'm gutted beyond belief tonight, but my small consolation is that we as fans did everything possible tonight and made that stadium into a seething caldron that, on most nights, would have got us over the line. EVERYTHING went Wednesdays way over those two ties, our team could not have done any more. But what a night.

What a night.

I agree, it was the best game I have ever seen live. Everyone was incredible.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
one of the differences was the club actually put some effort in to getting the crowd going. though the flags worked well

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Would it be financially viable to supply flags every game? Surely they can't cost that much if bought in bulk

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Would it be financially viable to supply flags every game? Surely they can't cost that much if bought in bulk

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Need to save flags etc for special games otherwise it will loose the impact. Hopefully the club will work towards moving ST holders about the North stand so those singing can largely be together.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not saying we should have flags every time but we do need to have things to build atmosphere. that said scarves held high above the head is still current activity at Liverpool & Celtic and has been for 40+ years and it is as powerful as ever. Just thought the club seemed to actually put some effort in when many match days are quite flat....

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We need to bounce this thread before the first home game next season. Lots of fans have realised that if we all sing/shout together, the whole match experience is so much better. Let's not forget that.

Personally, my voice was shot by halftime.

PG

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
There is no way on God's earth that a team could regularly reproduce that intensity over the first 20-25 minutes. That was something special. In over 50 years of support, I struggle to remember anything as full on as that. Maybe, the early stages v Derby ( LC at the Goldstone ) with 34,000 going mental as Wardy scored in the first minute and possibly those sensational 28 minutes v Walsall ( 0-0 to 7-0 ) The first half v Charlton 1983, when Casey ran riot and we were 5-0 up at HT. But on reflection, even these three trail behind last night for sheer passion and will-to-win. Driven on by a fanatical crowd, we blitzed them. We tore them to shreds but like a boxer raining in punches on an opponent, hanging on for dear life, we couldn't apply the knockout blow.

There was a similar atmosphere at the Goldstone in 1958. But in that equally mind-numbingly one sided promotion clinching game Brighton thrashed Watford 6-0. If their goal(SW) had been our 2nd instead as merited - could have got near a repeat score.

https://thegoldstonewrap.com/tag/glen-wilson/

Last edited:

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Trying to be as unbiased as possible ... How do u guys rate our atmosphere on monday compared the the game at riverside and hillsboro?

For me the riverside was immense and ear piercing and constant. Hillsboro was a wall of noise, bouncing and drumming. The amex was loud and proud. All 3 were fantastic. I think the riverside topped the lot for me...... But then again it would be easier to compare had we been in the away end Monday to gauge home noise

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
We need to bounce this thread before the first home game next season. Lots of fans have realised that if we all sing/shout together, the whole match experience is so much better. Let's not forget that.

Personally, my voice was shot by halftime.

PG

My voice was okay the day after but now i am struggling bad. Losing my voice

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Trying to be as unbiased as possible ... How do u guys rate our atmosphere on monday compared the the game at riverside and hillsboro?

For me the riverside was immense and ear piercing and constant. Hillsboro was a wall of noise, bouncing and drumming. The amex was loud and proud. All 3 were fantastic. I think the riverside topped the lot for me...... But then again it would be easier to compare had we been in the away end Monday to gauge home noise

I was in Corp Hospitality at the Riverside - our seats were in the main stand, second tier. The atmosphere was unbelievable.....possibly slightly better than Monday night - albeit, there were about 6k more at Middlesborough.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Totally agree. Virgo nailed it at half time when he said maybe the atmosphere needs to be like that more often.

Great noise all throughout the game.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

but as has been said before the stewards let people stand... i even stood for the full 90 mins.... and im an old sod.. perhaps if they let the north stand stand the atmosphere would be good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here