Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We've done alright, nothing more nothing less.
Playing great escape before game was embarrassing.
Looked overawed first half which was understandable I suppose.
Better second half.
Solly and dunk have stood out for their quality. Propper has looked poor. Keeper iffy for second goal.
Great support.
Wasn't expecting anything from this game but given Burnley and Huddersfield today, feeling flat right now

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We lose by 2 to a classy Man City, Palace lose by 3 to Huddersfield. For the first time in years we are above Palace in the table. Enough said. Well done lads. Absolutely no disgrace and enough glimmers of hope for staying up. The support also sounded amazing.

D

Deleted member 2719

Encouraging performance, but not really sure what we are like in the attacking third.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
We lose by 2 to a classy Man City, Palace lose by 3 to Huddersfield. For the first time in years we are above Palace in the table. Enough said. Well done lads. Absolutely no disgrace and enough glimmers of hope for staying up. The support also sounded amazing.

Spot on

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Could have been worse, we could have been playing Huddersfield.

Screenshot from 2017-08-12 19-24-35.png

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Defence was pretty well organised today, just let down too often by weak and low skill turnovers by the midfield.

Think Sidwell might need to come in to add some midfield bite next game.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Encouraging performance, but not really sure what we are like in the attacking third.

Got the new bloke to come in and perhaps another striker. Knocky will soon be fully fit and the other new boys settled in. No one likes losing but it seems we did ok against a world class side.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Can't play 4-4-1-1 with Hemed up front I'm afraid. Too slow

And who's meant to replace him..

Main points to take from this.

Our back line is pretty sturdy, we were VERY difficult to break down. Maty Ryan's not instilling confidence in me.
Central midfield is where we lost today, Stephens poor, Propper, proper poor. I'm not going to write off Propper, but it wasn't a good performance. He has a deadly right foot though, so could score a few this season.
Wingers, well Brown - no way we can comment. He was looking good, hope he's okay. Murphy did what he could but he isn't premier league quality. Solly could be sniffed by some mid table teams in the league. Absolute quality.
Nothing of note to say about Gross and Hemed, no service..

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We've done alright, nothing more nothing less.
Playing great escape before game was embarrassing.
Looked overawed first half which was understandable I suppose.
Better second half.
Solly and dunk have stood out for their quality. Propper has looked poor. Keeper iffy for second goal.
Great support.
Wasn't expecting anything from this game but given Burnley and Huddersfield today, feeling flat right now
There are often freak results in the first few games.
I think we will settle down and with a bit more strengthening, we can do ok.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Leicester/Watford/WBA - that is where the points need to come from.

This all day long. If we were still in the Championship and looking at Sheffield Wednesday lose their opening game to City 0-2 I would look at it and think that's no surprise. We all need to realise that we will lose more games than we win this season and are unlikely to get a win against any of the top six.

Defensively I am encouraged, in attack slightly concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here