Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Whatever happened to Hastings?Used to be a nice place late '60s,early '70s.Was it after that,the London boroughs started their ethnic cleansing of addicts and unemployables to south coast towns?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Whatever happened to Hastings?Used to be a nice place late '60s,early '70s.Was it after that,the London boroughs started their ethnic cleansing of addicts and unemployables to south coast towns?

You sound just like Amber Rudd.

Hastings has changed a lot over the last 20 years from that stereotypical view.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You sound just like Amber Rudd.

Hastings has changed a lot over the last 20 years from that stereotypical view.

Only when I've had too much 1664,apparently!Used to love a few ales in the Highlander? and then the De la Warr Pavilion for some good bands.Saw Hendrix there in 19hundred and frozentodeath.:drink:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only when I've had too much 1664,apparently!Used to love a few ales in the Highlander? and then the De la Warr Pavilion for some good bands.Saw Hendrix there in 19hundred and frozentodeath.:drink:

The Highlands Inn in St. Leonards? It's still there if so.

The De La Warr in Bexhill is. That has had a major renovation this century now. Very nice now.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Speaking of getting caught I see Corbyn's Chief Commissar has been pictured getting up close and personal with a mystery blonde. I doubt Mrs Milne is best pleased.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Looks like the Tories will be losing an MP by the end of the day with Anne Marie Morris caught using the 'N' word
I'd be surprised if she resigns... a feeble apology, 'some of my best friends are black'... you know the sort of thing, then keep her head down over the summer hols.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd be surprised if she resigns... a feeble apology, 'some of my best friends are black'... you know the sort of thing, then keep her head down over the summer hols.

I think they'll sacrifice her. PR disaster if they don't, and the huge majority means they can afford to risk it.

If the seat was marginal, they'd definitely let her ride it out, obviously.

larus

It was unintentional , that's ok then. I'll remember that next time I want to KILL somebody

[tweet]884426622396383233[/tweet]

Of course what she said was wrong, but this is from the BBC article.

Suggesting that just 7% of financial services would be affected by Brexit, she reportedly said: "Now I am sure there will be many people who will challenge that but my response and my request is look at the detail - it isn't all doom and gloom."
She went on: "Now we get to the real ****** in the woodpile, which is in two years what happens if there is no deal."
'Zero tolerance'
The phrase originated in the American Deep South in the mid-19th Century and is thought to have referred to slaves having to conceal themselves as they sought to flee north and secure their freedom.
It was subsequently used in the 20th Century - including by a number of leading novelists - as a metaphor to describe a hidden fact or problem.

So, get it into context. She was using a metaphor - albeit a very un PC one to use. Of course she needs to be punished/reprimanded though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here