Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The players are spent and we now have 3 games in less than a week...

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Now is the time for hughton to earn his salary. It could be argued that the Newcastle result will feel like distant history in 10 days time.

Bearing in mind how unsuccessful tinkering with the team has proved recently; how would you freshen up the squad for those 3 games in 6 (!) days.

As ever, I'm worried.

:fishing:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You want to replace Knockaert for a player that a) isn't in his natural position (though yes he is good there) and b) hasn't played a match for months? Clueless.

LR has played there many times and would give us defensive stability against Forest and kill off their impetus and then as I said bring on the flair of AK and March to win the game after about 60 mins. As a side note LR started at Bristol City in the younger days of his career as a right winger.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You lot do realise Huddersfield have a game in hand right? Fed up of seeing this 6 points clear stuff, they might just happen to win that game in hand and then we can't slip up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You lot do realise Huddersfield have a game in hand right? Fed up of seeing this 6 points clear stuff, they might just happen to win that game in hand and then we can't slip up.

To be fair, we could lose again and we'll still be ahead on GD.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Now is the time for hughton to earn his salary. It could be argued that the Newcastle result will feel like distant history in 10 days time.

Bearing in mind how unsuccessful tinkering with the team has proved recently; how would you freshen up the squad for those 3 games in 6 (!) days.

As ever, I'm worried.

Buy players in the transfer window..................oh !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Thought we weathered a fierce Geordie storm and actually got stronger as the 2nd half went on. You could argue the fluke goal was against the run of play. Not the sign of a spent team up against the fastest arguably fittest team in the league.

Plenty of options in the coming games.

Looked nothing like that from over here, though I was relying on a TV stream.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looked nothing like that from over here, though I was relying on a TV stream.

Well, even the Guardian and BBC reports suggest the same thing really, perhaps the presentation / commentary / choice of replays etc. led to a different perspective on TV. There was no doubt in my mind that we looked comfortable until they bought Murphy on on 75mins, who turned the game as suddenly they had someone to pump balls to.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
One or both of Huddersfield and Newcastle will lose points on Saturday.

Yep and if it's Huddersfield that wins and we slip up, we could be 1 point behind the Toon and above Huddersfield on GD, nobody wants that kind of pressure especially us and our finish last season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yep and if it's Huddersfield that wins and we slip up, we could be 1 point behind the Toon and above Huddersfield on GD, nobody wants that kind of pressure especially us and our finish last season.

Only if Huddersfield win their game in hand whenever that's arranged for unless you're suggesting they pick up 6 points if they beat Newcastle

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
LR has played there many times and would give us defensive stability against Forest and kill off their impetus and then as I said bring on the flair of AK and March to win the game after about 60 mins. As a side note LR started at Bristol City in the younger days of his career as a right winger.

And now the fact that he's not played a league game for months, you want to throw him right into it when he's still not match fit? :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here