Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance that Lincoln cup game could be televised ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Delighted with this tie. Get to fit on some visiting of elderly relatives and a chance of being in the directors box.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Twice the size of Burton's ground. Big catchment area and hopefully they get back into the football league. They'd take getting their league status back instead of making the fifth round of the FA Cup I'm sure.

And the money and momentum gained from this cup run will more than likely help them to do this. It's not an either/or situation.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't really get why the TV games must be decided before the replays. How difficult is it to arrange the live filming of a game? A non-league club at home in the 4th round surely should be on the box. That point about 56 Man Utd FA Cup games in a row being on TV... some of them must have been after a replay?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Might save humiliation as Lincoln were on top for both games against Ipswich, going by the highlights and reviews.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I can remember going up there and silky Dave Cameron scored for them. They also played an air siren everytime they got a corner. Oh and we saw Norman Lamont at Lincoln train station on the way back.
That was my first ever away game. He scored both goals I think in a 2-0 Lincoln win

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Haha public transport in Lincolnshire is stuck in the 1970's, growing up Lincoln was the closest form of civilisation!
But your right Lincoln is a fantastic city, the Bailgate area around the Cathedral has some great pubs.

I could not be happier with this tie and cannot wait.

I'm only 35 minutes away but have already arranged to visit family in Essex that weekend, bloody typical. Not been able to get to any games this year either as wifes been very ill, so would have given me the opportunity to see a game. Never mind.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Nochance.gif

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't really get why the TV games must be decided before the replays. How difficult is it to arrange the live filming of a game? A non-league club at home in the 4th round surely should be on the box. That point about 56 Man Utd FA Cup games in a row being on TV... some of them must have been after a replay?

So while both clubs wait and wait for a kick off time and day to be decided they cannot sell tickets to a game 10 days away, of course selling tickets isn't the only thing, hiring staff, arranging first aid cover, arranging police cover, stewarding etc etc. Likewise all the other clubs in the draw are in the same situation not knowing when their match will be played so cannot arrange anything.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Lots of abuse on the official BBC sport twitter account this morning about the decision to show Man Utd v Wigan cup tie live
And rightly so, the company that bangs on every year about the romance & glamour of the greatest cup competition in the world and then decide to show the least glamorous tie of the whole 4th round

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lots of abuse on the official BBC sport twitter account this morning about the decision to show Man Utd v Wigan cup tie live
And rightly so, the company that bangs on every year about the romance & glamour of the greatest cup competition in the world and then decide to show the least glamorous tie of the whole 4th round

Man Utd v Wigan? are they kidding? A walkover for Utd will once again provide thrilling viewing for the nation no doubt.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One of my favourite ever games was the 3-1 win at Lincoln in March 2000, a beautiful spring day, remember driving over the Dales from Manchester in the warm sun and it was a great atmosphere. We were in the middle of an excellent run that had us flirting with the play-offs, Paul Rogers scored a couple with his head, our singing got the better of their air horn great day out.

Personally, for me I think I can pinpoint it as the day I fully got my Albion mojo back. It was our first season back at Withdean but I didn't get a lot of luck in the games i went to, Plymouth defeat in the cup replay, Rochdale 3-4 in the rain, Silky Dave's final act in the 2-0 shambles at Hull, so this was the first good performance I saw under Micky. Yep, will always have a soft spot for that day.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really impressed by the Lincoln manager. He's obviously doing a cracking job there and speaks so well.

I love the fact that him and the Sutton manager, Paul Doswell, are both people who weren't players or involved in pro football at all. They have/had normal jobs (teacher and estate agent/property developer) and they've worked their way up from local league management to this level. Great stories.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
One of my favourite ever games was the 3-1 win at Lincoln in March 2000, a beautiful spring day, remember driving over the Dales from Manchester in the warm sun and it was a great atmosphere. We were in the middle of an excellent run that had us flirting with the play-offs, Paul Rogers scored a couple with his head, our singing got the better of their air horn great day out.

Personally, for me I think I can pinpoint it as the day I fully got my Albion mojo back. It was our first season back at Withdean but I didn't get a lot of luck in the games i went to, Plymouth defeat in the cup replay, Rochdale 3-4 in the rain, Silky Dave's final act in the 2-0 shambles at Hull, so this was the first good performance I saw under Micky. Yep, will always have a soft spot for that day.

I was there too. My wife took me to Lincoln for my 50th birthday (I know how to live) We arrived on the Friday night and the whole town was pissed up as Guinness were doing a promotion and giving away free drinks vouchers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

On the other hand its the 4pm Sunday tie and a local game for both clubs so , for once, its a match where TV won't cause any travel issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here