Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flags for Sunday?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My take on it:

- were any of you begrudgers really that bothered by the Wolves display or the Fulham clackers last Saturday? Did you instantly classify two of England's oldest and most famous clubs as "tin-pot"?
- it will look good on live TV world-wide
- kids (the future) love it
- we don't have ultras to organise fan displays like Palace used to until they did a flounce

That is all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It is just a league game, but it is also ManUtd's first televised game of the season and will be watched by millions across the globe. Like it or loath it, if we are to sustain ourselves financially in the PL, then we need to step out of our provincial mindset and accept that we have to target a global appeal for better sponsorship, kit, merchandise deals. We need to be selling our advertising to global brands, not just the local Brighton Estate Agents or Job Agencies. We need corporate videos showing ourselves as a club brands want to be associated with and invest in.

Is that your opinion or a quote from Paul Barber? :)

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Doncaster - WIN
Sheff Wed - Draw but lose really
Bristol City - Lose (and lose title)
Man City - Lose

It’s not a great record.

Am hoping I’ve just been massively WOOSHED by some spotty masturbating Twitter Herbert and that it’s BS.

Just hate it when we do things like this for no reason. We tempt fate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Missed out two season opening wins v Forest

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
TLO will have a plastic fit! I bet he's already been boring the pants off his mate Barber about it!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We have quite an old average age of supporters due to a missing generation at Withdean This game will be watched by many new supporters around the world because of our new signings. We need to attract global family support if we want to succeed . Some of you old gits need to get on board and enjoy these good times.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We have quite an old average age of supporters due to a missing generation at Withdean This game will be watched by many new supporters around the world because of our new signings. We need to attract global family support if we want to succeed . Some of you old gits need to get on board and enjoy these good times.

Classic. I’m 38 mate and just find flags and bunting all a bit unnecessary for a football match.

Toilet rolls or streamers to LUZZ from the WSU and then you’re talking. Should be organic and not club induced or sanctioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I’m 35 and I think the flags are OTT for a regular league game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My take on it:

- were any of you begrudgers really that bothered by the Wolves display or the Fulham clackers last Saturday? Did you instantly classify two of England's oldest and most famous clubs as "tin-pot"?
- it will look good on live TV world-wide
- kids (the future) love it
- we don't have ultras to organise fan displays like Palace used to until they did a flounce

That is all.

It was their first games back in the Premier League. This is just a regular league game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will there be a minute’s silence for Aretha Franklin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008

I'm not sure waving a flag around represents a good time - does it ? It's plastic.

A great atmosphere , lots of singing and banter with the away fans - that does . And a competitive game of course . Flags are a really sad reflection on modern football - North Korea comes to the Premier League sort of thing . We need to create an uncomfortable environment for the opposition . Make them realise they are just another fooball team and a football team we beat recently . No respect required at all on Sunday . So no flags.

We need the best atmosphere on Sunday - as though it's the last game of the season and we get relegated if we don't win .
Good luck Seagulls

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Will there be a minute’s silence for Aretha Franklin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We do need to show her some respect.

Flags are OTT for this sort of game and we don't have a good record with them. Maybe a more unique sort of display in the North Stand would be better.

Why can't everyone just sing like in the Sheffield Wednesday game? I sing as much as that for every game.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We need to attract global family support if we want to succeed . Some of you old gits need to get on board and enjoy these good times.

I literally have no idea what flags have to do with the above statement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here