Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m replying to the guy who just said that he ‘****ing hates’ other fans for trying to be a bit more positive. A bloke that’s completely lost his head, maybe a few too many lagers?

Blokes a prat. The performance was terrible, but it’s the first ****ing game.

Ok I’ll let you off just this once then. :down:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
Poor performance collectively. We are a bad away side at this level anyway, today was no shock or, crucially, no improvement. If we play so poorly at home against Man Utd I’ll be a lot more concerned.

Really bad all round. Regroup, work hard and focus on the next one and try and get points on the board.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That was inexplicably poor. Or, if you'll excuse the french, God ****ing awful shit.

Hughton's teams are characterised by hard work and good organisation. Neither of that was on display today. We looked like an unfit league two team. No cohesion, no energy, no intensity, no ability. And there's no excuse for it. Seven of the promotion winning side, ten of last seasons team, started that game. It's one thing to lose but it's another entirely to lose like that.

The players need to have a hard look at themselves after that performance. As does Hughton who needs to come up with better tactics than that for an away game. It didn't work last year and it sure as shit won't work this year.

On the plus side Bissouma looked lively and like he could make things happen. We've got to find a way of getting him in the team.

It is undeniably a crushingly disappointing way to kick off the season but hopefully when the new signings and Izquierdo get in the team we'll start looking like a decent side again.

That was a shocking performance. They were better than us all over the field. They looked hungrier than us, and won almost every second ball. We looked so laboured and our defence looks absolutely crap, and Bernado looks like a fish out of water on both sides. Lets hope Montoya is fit to play, because we need to get our act together.
There were some positives with the two late subs. Both looked far more hungry for the ball and happy to take players on. Last season's team looks short of confidence and ability, so why not start with some of the new players?
I think we need to play a 3-5-1 or a 4-5-1 formation away from home, we have to take control of games, because after that performance, we are going to be sitting ducks for everyone. Simply not good enough for the PL!!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hughton should start with dropping Knockeart.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disappointing performance and result. Need to draw a line under that and improve quickly.

Bissouma looked good when he came on, I hope we can find him a starting place next week. Hopefully Bruno isn't too injured or Montoya is ready because Bernado looked really exposed at right back. A little surprised CH stuck with a team and tactics which failed to win away games last year, I hope he is flexible enough to try something different going forward.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are those the only options? Whinging as if we've been relegated two division before we've even finished the first match of a season, or jumping for joy with positivity?

No room for perspective? No room for being disappointed while understanding there's another 37 games to go and over the course of a 38 game season there are going to be bad performances? No room for 'yeah it's bad, but maybe it'll act as a wake up call to a team that might be assuming it's going to be easier than last season'.

I completely disagree with you.
We had a pre season which was claimed to prepare us to press teams for the whole 90 minutes. We didn't press them for 45!
Surely with weeks of pre season, we shouldn't need a wake up call we should be up and running.

I am not whinging. Just very disappointed at a pathetic performance from my team. Naive in defence where Deeney outwitted Duffy every challenge.Unable to string a few passes together unless they went backwards.
But you keep your positive view and criticise anyone who disagrees.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well who would have guessed we'd struggle with those tactics and personnel? Entirely predictable lineup, identical tactics to last season (no sign of any pressing) and Watford looked streets ahead everywhere but especially in fitness and general sharpness. Oh and we still look half asleep at set pieces. Stephens and March absolutely diabolical, Murray had no chance (cannot blame him) and only the subs get any credit from me. What was CH thinking?

I agree

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well who would have guessed we'd struggle with those tactics and personnel? Entirely predictable lineup, identical tactics to last season (no sign of any pressing) and Watford looked streets ahead everywhere but especially in fitness and general sharpness. Oh and we still look half asleep at set pieces. Stephens and March absolutely diabolical, Murray had no chance (cannot blame him) and only the subs get any credit from me. What was CH thinking?

Chris got it badly wrong today.
I wonder who will start the ' should Chris be sacked thread' tonight.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Words that should be banned after our games

Bedwetters and er er. No just bedwetters actually.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I completely disagree with you.
We had a pre season which was claimed to prepare us to press teams for the whole 90 minutes. We didn't press them!

Fixed.

We pressed really well against Nantes for around 60 mins, none of that was in evidence today at all.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well.

Bernado is clearly not a right back any more than I am.
Duffy going for record of most unncessary fouls conceded in one match.
Gross even worse than his usual away performance, he may aswell take his dog with him next time for the exercise.
Not starting Bissouma who is streets ahead in ability of most of our squad - why?
March head down for every cross, cannot beat the first man per usual and isn't taken off until 70'.
Watford fans 2 Knockaert 0

Most diabolical performance I have seen since promotion, worse than at WBA and Huddersfield last season. Watford will be in trouble, we were just truly awful all over the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here