Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Stumpy Tim

We were really poor away from home last season, so going into this season with basically the same team in the same formation is just a poor decision. There's no getting away from that. Hughton got it badly wrong today

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Posts like this make me laugh. The comments are in the main on today’s performance coupled with our poor performances away last season. If you want to make observations and comments on today then do it. If you can’t handle people criticising this performance then you move on and ‘Get over it’.

I’m replying to the guy who just said that he ‘****ing hates’ other fans for trying to be a bit more positive. A bloke that’s completely lost his head, maybe a few too many lagers?

Blokes a prat. The performance was terrible, but it’s the first ****ing game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We need to wake up I was thinking that all preseason we never really seemed on the ball of we don't wake up soon it's gonna be a long climb back to safety

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Agree with that. Started with pre season. We looked slow,lost and simply not up to it

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We really have to hope that Andone, Bissouma, AJ, Montoya and (dare I say it) Locadia considerably improve us or it's going to be a very, very disappointing season.

AJ must be wondering what he's joined- Leicester looked great last night.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Will be expecting mass changes for next game..

Front 4 need changing on that performance they were shocking. At no time in the future should Barnardo be considered a right back.............ever.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
As bad as Huddersfield away last season and that is saying something.

On the positive side (let's try it), we still have a RB that is only 27 but has played for Barcelona, Inter and Valencia. Bernardo can hopefully look more composed in his natural LB position. Bissouma looked quality. Locadia and/or Andone should be fit enough to replace Murray soon. Ali J should soon be up to speed and start pushing AK to start and Isquerdo will be back to replace March.

Very poor and disappointed at our first performance (or lack of) of the season but we have players that will be coming into the team to improve it.

Good post. Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. You are allowed to say it was a bad performance AND think positively.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I was expecting a different lineup or formation or something from Chris because of our awful away record last season - didn't expect the same bs

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Brighton flat as a pancake.
Those tipping Watford to go down are now in the dark if that is still what they believe after that performance from Brighton.
Watford front 4 were exceptional and ran the show.
Difficult to listen to some of the comments coming out of my TV.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Thank god the season isn't 1 game long, in fact thankfully it isn't 3 games long. I have a feeling its going to be Alllbion. Not the end of the world though, we have to learn from this.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Commentator :

Ben foster not had a save to make all day - probably wouldn’t all week

Bad body language from Brighton players says it all

Why can brighton just not take a risk

Totally ****ed off here in Hove

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
We were really really bad. Like, woeful.

One positive to take from it is that Bissouma looked very good when he came on, he could be an absolute gem and in my opinion must start the next game.

Oh well, lots more games to go!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Well who would have guessed we'd struggle with those tactics and personnel? Entirely predictable lineup, identical tactics to last season (no sign of any pressing) and Watford looked streets ahead everywhere but especially in fitness and general sharpness. Oh and we still look half asleep at set pieces. Stephens and March absolutely diabolical, Murray had no chance (cannot blame him) and only the subs get any credit from me. What was CH thinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here