Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Currently the luckiest fans in the country?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After everything we have been through over the last forty years I thought it was time to stop and think.........

In the last few days we have seen a. BBC interview with TB posted on here, on this page there is a link to an article in The Independent (cough) on CH's tenure. Following the initial post, comments have been made about how lucky we are to have these guys at the helm of our risen again club, and rightly so. But it got me thinking. Just how lucky are we to have THREE guys who seem to know their shit better than most, who all seem to want to do things the right way, and are all working for our club AT THE SAME TIME?

At Manure for instance, you have the Glazers hated by the traditional fans, probably a CEO?, and JM who has a chequered but successful past and has still to win the total respect of the fans. Across Manchester you have the Arabic money, very successful but no local connection. In Liverpool you have a charismatic manager but a board still to win the undying trust of the fanbase. At Croydon FC you have a lovely old fella as a manager, a used car salesman as CEO and unknown Yank financiers in the background. Southampton, Swiss owned. Leicester, Thai owned, Everton? Newcastle, Mike Ashley! West Ham, lol. Yes I know Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea seem in better shape but in terms of universal (ish) approval from the fan base I think we are in top spot.

Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Chris Hughton, please step forward, take a bow and revel in the applause. It is richly deserved. Now move onwards once more and take this club even higher this season, UP THE ALBION!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fans, who for the most part will just be happy staying up, not too many entitled fans in a league full of them.

I have followed the Albion since 1975 and this is the best it’s been by some margin. Something I never dreamt could happen when we were at the arse end of the 4th tier.

European football next ? :lolol:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
After everything we have been through over the last forty years I thought it was time to stop and think.........

In the last few days we have seen a. BBC interview with TB posted on here, on this page there is a link to an article in The Independent (cough) on CH's tenure. Following the initial post, comments have been made about how lucky we are to have these guys at the helm of our risen again club, and rightly so. But it got me thinking. Just how lucky are we to have THREE guys who seem to know their shit better than most, who all seem to want to do things the right way, and are all working for our club AT THE SAME TIME?

At Manure for instance, you have the Glazers hated by the traditional fans, probably a CEO?, and JM who has a chequered but successful past and has still to win the total respect of the fans. Across Manchester you have the Arabic money, very successful but no local connection. In Liverpool you have a charismatic manager but a board still to win the undying trust of the fanbase. At Croydon FC you have a lovely old fella as a manager, a used car salesman as CEO and unknown Yank financiers in the background. Southampton, Swiss owned. Leicester, Thai owned, Everton? Newcastle, Mike Ashley! West Ham, lol. Yes I know Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea seem in better shape but in terms of universal (ish) approval from the fan base I think we are in top spot.

Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and Chris Hughton, please step forward, take a bow and revel in the applause. It is richly deserved. Now move onwards once more and take this club even higher this season, UP THE ALBION!!!!!!

What a load of old tosh! :) (only joking)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Agree with all of that, only other club is perhaps Huddersfield who have that connection all the way through the club, from what I've seen. Burnley I guess are still locally owned. Just the 3 of us British owned, plus Spuds

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with all of that, only other club is perhaps Huddersfield who have that connection all the way through the club, from what I've seen. Burnley I guess are still locally owned. Just the 3 of us British owned, plus Spuds

Newcastle are also British-owned but the Toon fans aren’t quite as delirious about it as we are.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Currently we are probably the most appreciative fans, looking back over the past 20 odd years. However as time passes, if we stick around at this level the expectation levels will increase and entitlement attitudes creep in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
oops forgot about them !!

Had in my head there were only 4 British owned clubs left, maybe Spurs don't count as he lives in the Bahamas ?

He's English....

shovelling.gif

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
oops forgot about them !!

Had in my head there were only 4 British owned clubs left, maybe Spurs don't count as he lives in the Bahamas ?

And His Majesty, Lord Sir Bloom (praise be upon him) lives on the other side of the world for half the year, so think he counts as British if you are counting TB.

I get the point though. You can count on one hand the clubs that aren't a trophy purchase or a profit centre but instead run as a club in the traditional sense.

Given where we were, I would agree we are the luckiest fans in English football and long may it continue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here