hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My new choice of company issue watch (think of it like a company car) is a Seamaster Aqua Terra, light blue dial, 41mm, as per the link below. It is without a doubt the most beautiful timepiece I've ever worn. And after 23 years in the job, I've worn a few.
See post #241 I really like the vertical boards one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you are flying anytime soon from Gatwick or Heathrow you can get a discount. It's not VAT reduced as commonly supposed but a discount. So can be discretionary. You can also ring ahead and order a watch for the date when you are flying and get the price.
That's an interesting option, thanks. The person who's buying will want the VAT, as they can claim that back when they go home anyway. If they can get decent discount on top of that it would be sweet. Any idea who the dealers are in Gatwick and Heathrow?

Other than that try ringing around AD's see what they will offer. You are more likely to get a discount at an independent. Also worth enquiring what extra goodies they could throw in to sweeten the deal, extra strap, first service free. Pressleys in Worthing do Tudors. You're unlikely to get a discount at an Omega boutique shop.
Thanks

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
That's an interesting option, thanks. The person who's buying will want the VAT, as they can claim that back when they go home anyway. If they can get decent discount on top of that it would be sweet. Any idea who the dealers are in Gatwick and Heathrow?

Thanks
Ernest Jones Gatwick S
Heathrow Watches of Switzerland, if you google it will give a link to the web page to order at airport.
VAT as I understand it is only refundable if you are a traveller from outside EU. The discount given for EU is often perceived as not paying VAT but is different although often a similar amount. Basically not paying VAT would be illegal or you would have to declare when you return to Blighty. That’s why watch prices abroad non EU seem tempting but when you factor in VAT it’s not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ernest Jones Gatwick S
Heathrow Watches of Switzerland, if you google it will give a link to the web page to order at airport.
Thank you.

VAT as I understand it is only refundable if you are a traveller from outside EU.
He is. He's from Switzerland, and claims to have invented Brexit.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
My new choice of company issue watch (think of it like a company car) is a Seamaster Aqua Terra, light blue dial, 41mm, as per the link below. It is without a doubt the most beautiful timepiece I've ever worn. And after 23 years in the job, I've worn a few.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-blue-6.jpg

Available from Amazon (new) at $4880. with free shipping!!

However I have to agree, stunning time piece. Might trade my Breitling for this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Available from Amazon (new) at $4880. with free shipping!!

However I have to agree, stunning time piece. Might trade my Breitling for this.

It’s lovely. Go and try them on to see exactly which one you like best, because there are loads of options - there’s four colours (black, grey and two different blues), 38mm or 41mm sizes in each, and choice of steel bracelet, leather strap or rubber strap.

D

Deleted member 2719

What do you think?

Has anyone got one?

Is it investable?

Attachments

• Raymond Weil.png
    Raymond Weil.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 96

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Recently acquired an Oris Aquis Hammerhead edition, now have the bug and sense this will be an expensive hobby.

Looking at a Bremont or Longines Hydroconquest for the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have bought the vacant space that is Jnr this for Christmas:-

81kn2NDVUcL._UY679_.jpg

I have no idea if he wants a watch or will even wear one but as his Christmas and birthday list has been identical for 6 years, I figured it's worth a punt.

D

Deleted member 2719

Have bought the vacant space that is Jnr this for Christmas:-

View attachment 118449

I have no idea if he wants a watch or will even wear one but as his Christmas and birthday list has been identical for 6 years, I figured it's worth a punt.

:thumbsup:

I was given a Commoddore, for xmas in 1975 like this one.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-12-20-22-29-59.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-12-20-22-29-59.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 78

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:thumbsup:

I was given a Commoddore, for xmas in 1975 like this one.

Sadly I can't go into detail on my old watches as it's not really possible to 'willy-wave' with a Swatch. :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tudor Heritage Ranger, my watch for three years now. So simple that my daughter calls it “a child's watch” :rolleyes:

A5CA9239-8E8F-4071-B137-1FFAB6C7DE44.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here