Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RB from Chelsea

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
If it was a mid table nothing season then it wouldn't be such a problem, but so much is at stake we can't afford bad performances.

I'm sure he'll improve. But I doubt whether he'll really play in the league that much anyway.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
and the other ten players? By your measurement they are crap too.

Not sure where you are coming from with that comment. No one put in a convincing performance in today but we're not caught out of position every time, didn't know if the were supposed to kick the ball or pick it up and once this chap decided to kick it, it either went out of play to a Lincoln player or in the back of his own net. I take it you were not there and didn't witness this shambles of a loanee?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not sure where you are coming from with that comment. No one put in a convincing performance in today but we're not caught out of position every time, didn't know if the were supposed to kick the ball or pick it up and once this chap decided to kick it, it either went out of play to a Lincoln player or in the back of his own net. I take it you were not there and didn't witness this shambles of a loanee?

I wasn't there but watched the game on a stream. Yes, he wasn't impressive but that doesn't make him a poor player! The game was pretty meaningless to us anyway, yes it would have been nice to have won or the team actually turn up but neither happened.

Onto Thursday and the first team can carry on their promotion campaign!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's digusting isn't it?

Some fans just cannot handle any defeat and so have to vent their spleen by writing off young players.

They don't learn anything from past vitriol aimed at players like Butters for example.

Yes it is. He was steady in the first half, as were the other 10 players.

He was poor in the second, but let's be honest they all were. Seasoned pro Sidwell didn't turn up. Goldson looked appalling.

The OG was unfortunate, but so was the pen and the third goal. Time to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
Hunt was on the bench for Oldham today came on in 84th minute. Would have played 90 mins for us today!!!!!

Both full backs were horrific. No way are either close to our first team. Thank god we have Seb and Liam back soon.

Makes you wonder why we let Hunt go out on loan and brought this Chelsea lad in.

I don't think they thought he was going to be that bad, and it also meant Hunt gets in some regular first team experience. But I agree, he would have done a better job today.

boik

If it was a mid table nothing season then it wouldn't be such a problem, but so much is at stake we can't afford bad performances.

I'm sure he'll improve. But I doubt whether he'll really play in the league that much anyway.

But we CAN afford bad performances..... in the cup. Which is why he was blooded there. I sincerely hope that CH never reads NSC.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And to my recollection an own goal it may have been, at least his intention was to kick the ball away from our goal.

I may be wrong but didn't he head it into the net? [MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION]

edit:
Yet it was Wolves who went in front. In only his second start for the Seagulls following his summer move from Shrewsbury Town, and against his home town club, Wolverhampton-born Goldson stuck out his right leg to turn Jordan Graham's cross past home keeper David Stockdale.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think they thought he was going to be that bad, and it also meant Hunt gets in some regular first team experience. But I agree, he would have done a better job today.

You can't know if Hunt would have played better.

The kid needs encouragement not derision. He made a mistake. That's it.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Hunt was on the bench for Oldham today came on in 84th minute. Would have played 90 mins for us today!!!!!

It's a shame that he didn't make the loan move after the weekend as the experience of the FA Cup 4th Round would have been useful ( not exactly cup-tieing him for Oldham in any case) and it would have been a reward for his efforts against MK Dons in the 3rd Round - plus we would have had the same back four....

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don't think it's just the mistake that people are getting at. Seemed incapable of passing and positionally inept for much of the match. I know it was a debut but I'm struggling to think of a worse fullback performance for us in recent years. If he plays in the Championship he will get ripped apart. A mile off the first team IMHO. Cracking finish though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here