Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel a transfer record coming on.....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Also...

'Los Fans can be assured that Calleri not going?

Uh ... yeah, yeah. It is that there is no offer.

The Boca CD is not as inflexible when referring to a possible sale of Calleri abroad, although less than 10 million euros did not even sit down to negotiate. "We will not open the equipment and less in that position today where we have a replacement, but there are deals that are hard to refuse for any Argentine club. Look what happened to the River with Funes Mori ... "Be honest with Olé an important leader, who did not rule out selling it now and stay until year end. In fact, now that option looms as the most viable. There are several factors that influence Calleri is the player with more chances to immigrate, either now or at the end of the year. One issue that could accelerate the departure of Jony is the conflict with Fernando Hidalgo, his representative. The business relationship between the two ends in October this year and the idea is to change agent tip. Tempted him more than half a dozen businessmen with strong ties to the Old Continent among them Eugenio Lopez, the attorney for Di Maria, who would go on to handle him but his career is Nestor Fabbri, former Boca defender, who in turn is Bettina brother of his mother. And Hidalgo is seen coming several weeks next offering it to other clubs in the Old Continent ago. Interested? Besides Palermo, who came close to take him for the Copa America, he also consulted for Arsenal and Stoke City, Premier League. Nothing is coincidence ...

"It was clear the president and also we want to be us. If there are offers for Calleri, it will be for him to go in December, "he came to the Basque bancar stop at its conference Wednesday in San Juan, where Jony scored the second goal in the win over Guarani. Luckily for the coach, there are issues that could delay the departure of 27. The lack of a formal written proposal. Another, which has not yet Calleri EU passport (it is pending for several months). Still, already started with the English ... The "Jony my name is" already know ...'

They have asked us for that (according to Naylor). It's all very interesting. My source says that we have done that.

But as I said, I'm not convinced it will happen, but I am convinced that, at least, Albion have serious intent if nothing else. Things are so different to last season.
Well that's as clear as mud then.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Have no idea what is happening or not - it is now 9 am over there and assuming they will work on a Sunday let's hope they are getting on with it!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good job your not a betting man then.

well he certaily is not going to get in the Pool team at the moment and another loan is looming ,but I think if we made a reasonable offer we might just get him, but as I said it could be someone who nobody has even mentioned

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Neither am I. It just seems too good to be true. I was told about the Marshall cooling and that Murphy was arriving. The only ITK sources (two of them) have always been right, and the information I had was that we are prepared to break the transfer record by some distance for Calleri, and Albion are not letting that one go easily. There is one expected, mind.

Interesting that Jonny Calleri started taking English lessons last week, though.

One expected other than Calleri?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One expected other than Calleri?

Just one, either way. I guess at this stage there are many pies and many fingers. Should be a fun 48 hours with rumours and counter rumours.

The pleasing thing this year is that we can be relaxed about it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well that's as clear as mud then.

No, it's pretty clear. [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] summarises it well on page one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
well he certaily is not going to get in the Pool team at the moment and another loan is looming ,but I think if we made a reasonable offer we might just get him, but as I said it could be someone who nobody has even mentioned
I see Tex mentioned but he is not going to fit into a 442.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
They have asked us for that (according to Naylor). It's all very interesting. My source says that we have done that.

But as I said, I'm not convinced it will happen, but I am convinced that, at least, Albion have serious intent if nothing else. Things are so different to last season.

This might sound like a stupid thing to say but what little ITK info I have (from people close to TB's family) where they have repeatedly stated that the money is real and that were it not for FFP that TB would be VERY willing to bank role an ambitious assault not only on getting to but staying in and competing in the PL.

I personally feel that this is what absolute trust between an owner with intent and a management/recruitment structure that he not only whole heartedly trusts but that works well with all parties looks like.

As a professional gambler and maths genius TB is likely to have calculated the odds of success or the odds of not succeeding this season with the ridiculous TV deal and decided that the pro's outweigh the cons.

I genuinely feel that this squad is definitely better than the PO season under GP and that I have a sneaking feeling the manager is MUCH better too.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This might sound like a stupid thing to say but what little ITK info I have (from people close to TB's family) where they have repeatedly stated that the money is real and that were it not for FFP that TB would be VERY willing to bank role an ambitious assault not only on getting to but staying in and competing in the PL.

I personally feel that this is what absolute trust between an owner with intent and a management/recruitment structure that he not only whole heartedly trusts but that works well with all parties looks like.

As a professional gambler and maths genius TB is likely to have calculated the odds of success or the odds of not succeeding this season with the ridiculous TV deal and decided that the pro's outweigh the cons.

I genuinely feel that this squad is definitely better than the PO season under GP and that I have a sneaking feeling the manager is MUCH better too.

I think you could be right, and a couple of quality signings can make all the difference.

We we 9th under Gus going into his last January window. Bring in Upson and Ulloa and from Jan till the end of that season we had the 1st or 2nd best record in the division.

I do think this team has the potential to be better and I reckon the division is even tougher now than it was a few years back

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Very good points there. I think you are right. Would he really spend 7.5m quid on one player though? That would be amazing

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Very good points there. I think you are right. Would he really spend 7.5m quid on one player though? That would be amazing

I really want the Calleri transfer to happen. I think he could be a Vicente level entertainment player, except scoring more goals. We also have purchased some real quality for very little money so far in relative terms to other transfers. How much would Harper of been if we try to buy him under contract? A considerable amount of money that's for sure. So 7.8 million on a striker that's proving it a boca juniors, in my view is not really risky. More of an investment. Is this guy can score goals his value will only go up.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I really want the Calleri transfer to happen. I think he could be a Vicente level entertainment player, except scoring more goals. We also have purchased some real quality for very little money so far in relative terms to other transfers. How much would Harper of been if we try to buy him under contract? A considerable amount of money that's for sure. So 7.8 million on a striker that's proving it a boca juniors, in my view is not really risky. More of an investment. Is this guy can score goals his value will only go up.
Vicente like maybe, but at the start not end of his career!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Agree, finally it looks like Bloom is comfortable with the hand he has been dealt. The whole club from top to bottom seems to be gelling, the infrustructure is in place, and he is dealing with an honest manager, with good integrity and long experience in the game. This isn't the season to be shy about going for the £140m prize of the Prem which can be achieved with shrewd spending.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agree, finally it looks like Bloom is comfortable with the hand he has been dealt. The whole club from top to bottom seems to be gelling, the infrustructure is in place, and he is dealing with an honest manager, with good integrity and long experience in the game. This isn't the season to be shy about going for the £140m prize of the Prem which can be achieved with shrewd spending.

Well said Symyjym.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Totally this. Early days obviously, but this season's signings that have had seen some game time, all appear to be sound and of strong character. Might even say there's a bit of a team spirit building, bossed by the strong characters in midfield. Amazing what you can build in such a short period when you sack the numpty administrator with the logon details to the Fantasy Football Database, hire an ego-free manager and have five year 1901 memberships up for renewal. Last season does actually appear to have been a blessing in disguise in that its given the board one almighty scare and forced them to focus much more on the core activity of the football club.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Totally this. Early days obviously, but this season's signings that have had seen some game time, all appear to be sound and of strong character. Might even say there's a bit of a team spirit building, bossed by the strong characters in midfield. Amazing what you can build in such a short period when you sack the numpty administrator with the logon details to the Fantasy Football Database, hire an ego-free manager and have five year 1901 memberships up for renewal. Last season does actually appear to have been a blessing in disguise in that its given the board one almighty scare and forced them to focus much more on the core activity of the football club.

Probably the strangest thing is why Hughton didn't get the job last summer. He was interviewed and didn't get it, but it may have been down to him not being compatible with the DoF setup?

There was a certain amount of luck that he was still available to step in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here