Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unofficial NSC worst film you've EVER seen thread

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
It has to be this for me,although I have to say I have never watched it past the first five minutes,but Mrs.Wunt be druv used to have her Coven of cackling female fiends round every bloody day watching the ****ing thing endlessly,so that counts as me being able to pass judgement on it.

download (14).jpg

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I quite liked this. Jim Carrey not rabidly raving about for a change, apart from the yacht scene, was refreshing.

Everyone is different. It was the only film that I genuinely wanted to knock myself out so as to escape the boredom. Someone on this thread has mentioned King Ralph, which I found quite amusing. Different strokes, for different folks.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
People on here are recommending films they dont like not ones that are particularly bad.

A bad film is one that assumes youve read the book, if there is one, and whos ending is dis-jointed confusing or just makes no effing sense what so ever.

2001 Space Oddesey and Akira fit that profile perfectly

The Raid II fits that bill perfectly. English subs AND I hadn't seen the first one, so it made about as much sense to me as a chocolate teapot. That and the fight scenes were far too choreographed, making them by extension predictable, lengthy and tedious.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mars Attacks was ok if you were in a certain, er, frame of mind. :smokin:

12 Monkeys I didn't like at all, bored me silly, but wasn't necessarily bad.

The aforementioned Shallow Hal is however fist eatingly unfunny, not to mention impossible and based on a really obvious concept. Any comedy that stretches itself too far counts as dreadful, for example any Police Academy after the first one which was only poor rather than unwatchable. However, my least favourite film of all time has to be Bean. The joke ran out after two seconds of the tv programme, how anyone thought they could get a movie out of it is beyond me.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Troll 2. THE worst film of all time. However I did enjoy it, it's so bad that it's hilarious and I only watched it because I'd heard how utterly awful it was, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a laugh.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I genuinely find that post quite offensive! The greatest director of all time. He had a habit of ignoring some of the themes and intentions of the books he adapted. Stephen King openly criticises The Shining for those reasons, despite it being the greatest horror film of all time, even surpassing the works of Hitchcock IMO.

His films are certainly not pretentious, they are genuinely flawless genius! Many of the greatest films of all time have ambiguous endings. If you don't like ambiguity, stay away from Lynch films, also a genius. I'm surprised none of them have featured on here yet to be fair.

We are going to have to agree to disagree here, I get ambiguity, its confused pile of mush I have a problem with.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The Langoliers - started off unintentionally funny, ended unintentionally terrible.

edit: Also Hellraiser III : Hell on Earth.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
inbetweeners 2 :blush:

A comment most certainly worthy of a ban. How could you not like it??

I would second Gravity, and add to the mix Twilight. For the former I watched it at home and thought it was just plain rubbish. For the latter I saw it at the cinema, and was only for the fact I was on a date that I didn't walk out of the film. (Said person I was on a date with is now my wife so if she drags me to such crap again I will leave the cinema!)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Superman 4: The quest for Peace is a truly awful film. The space fight with a be-mulleted Nuclear Man is sooo bad it goes through funny and back to agog at how crap it is.

Jaws 3, effing atrocious.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'd have to say Avatar was the worst film I've ever seen. (although I've only seen about half of it because I got furious and bored at that point). It's superficial, cliched, patronising, lazy and pointless. It's insultingly bad. Utter waste of a gazillion dollars on a fool who'd wasted similar amounts on the equally shite Titanic a few years before

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 starring Dennis Hopper (who just seems to stare blankly into space for most of the film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092076/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_104

And more recently
Before I go to sleep
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726592/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Or to complete it's full title "Before i go to sleep i've usually only just started to watch this film" A true cure for insomniacs. It feels like a 10 minute story made into an hour and a half but without putting anything into the rest of the run time to keep you interested or caring about any of the dull characters. Memento was a similar film and far better telling of a similar story to Before I go to sleep.
(- Surprisingly this is still being shown at cinemas when 'The Guest' was a far better suspense film and hasn't been extended into another week unlike this.)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd have to say Avatar was the worst film I've ever seen. (although I've only seen about half of it because I got furious and bored at that point). It's superficial, cliched, patronising, lazy and pointless. It's insultingly bad. Utter waste of a gazillion dollars on a fool who'd wasted similar amounts on the equally shite Titanic a few years before

This. Awful film from the half hour I saw of it. You'll be pleased to know he plans to make another 6 of them!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Shaving Ryans Private, I'd heard it was great, felt very let down, no war scenes in it at all

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I urge you to watch the Trailer on YouTube for horror film Creepozoids. Hands down the most unintentionally dire The Thing/Alien rip off. Awful, awful film.

Isn't there some film called something like Behind The Red Door which is generally regarded as the worst film ever made. I saw some of it on YouTube, hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here