Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

restaurants near Waterloo station

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Staying in a hotel with the OH tonight on Waterloo Road, then going to the late show at the Comedy Store. Not eaten out in this area before, Trip Advisor, excluding chains suggests Caprini, an Italian on Waterloo Road, 4 stars. We both like Italian so that's a possible. Anyone eaten there recently, or anywhere else near they could recommend. we won't be getting there much before 8 so something simple and fairly quick, need to fit in some drinking time !!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Staying in a hotel with the OH tonight on Waterloo Road, then going to the late show at the Comedy Store. Not eaten out in this area before, Trip Advisor, excluding chains suggests Caprini, an Italian on Waterloo Road, 4 stars. We both like Italian so that's a possible. Anyone eaten there recently, or anywhere else near they could recommend. we won't be getting there much before 8 so something simple and fairly quick, need to fit in some drinking time !!

1. What's the OH?
2. If you fancy a 20-minute stroll along the South Bank, there's plenty of restaurants towards the Tate Modern, and beyond towards Borough Market.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Meson Don Filipe on The Cut is an excellent tapas place - very quick service.

Or the Turkish place, Tas, on the same road. Not so speedy, but good value.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Marie's Cafe - Lower Marsh. Greasy spoon in the morning; good Thai (speedy too) in the evening.

Anchor & Hope - The Cut. Very good Gastropub.

Sticky Mango - Coin St. Brilliant, truly brilliant Thai/Malaysian

All within 5 mins of Waterloo. Others available too, depending on cuisine preference.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
1. What's the OH?
2. If you fancy a 20-minute stroll along the South Bank, there's plenty of restaurants towards the Tate Modern, and beyond towards Borough Market.

Also, I'm a big fan of the restaurant at the BFI under Waterloo Bridge. Slightly further along towards the Festival Hall there are a plethora of really nice places, up-market and down-, that you simply cannot go wrong with. Plus as TLO implies, the Southbank is absolutely worth it whatever your weather.

Enjoy the comedy.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Caprini is very good. Anchor & Hope on The Cut is decent if you'd prefer a (gastro) pub. Across the bridge there is Ther Chinese Cricket Club at Blackfriars if you like Chinese.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Theres a really good Estonian Restaurant on Blackfriars Road just round the corner from the Ring Pub on The Cut.

Also a Mexican restaurant on the Corner at Lower Marsh

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The fire station, fish, and Auberge all good back in the day but I'm talking early noughties. Ahhh the days of a misspent yoof! Now just broke and paying mortgages

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Theres a really good Estonian Restaurant on Blackfriars Road just round the corner from the Ring Pub on The Cut.

The Baltic? Thought it was all style, no substance when we went. Liked the range of vodkas though. Perhaps we were unlucky?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Can't help with any food reviews but my old mate is at comedy store tonight. Not sure if he's compare or just doing stand up slot but be nice to him. He'll be easy to spot as he'll be the best dressed comic there.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Baltic? Thought it was all style, no substance when we went. Liked the range of vodkas though. Perhaps we were unlucky?

I used to live round the corner from there and went to it fairly frequently so got to know some of the people there, so I sort of went there when I wanted to eat certain things, and got to know what they did well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here