Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm sure I read that the southern recruitment drive for drivers is a bit of a red herring and they are not looking for drivers at all .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Be interesting to see how quickly, or more likely, if the pre-action timetable is reinstated. Trains have been disappearing from schedules at an alarming rate.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
They're coming out with the old staff shortage thing again this evening. My train, the 2229 from Clapham Junction to East Grinstead, turned up at 2243. At least Clapham Junction has a warm waiting room. In other words, nothing to do with the unions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Itll take a couple of days for the network to readjust.

chuckles at the RMT tho. Still striking and not really regarded as important. sorry I mean impotent.

The drivers are the prize I dont see anyone calling the RMT in. they must be sooooo pissed off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Itll take a couple of days for the network to readjust.

chuckles at the RMT tho. Still striking and not really regarded as important. sorry I mean impotent.

The drivers are the prize I dont see anyone calling the RMT in. they must be sooooo pissed off.

Seems to me that GTR are now quite happy to let the RMT strike rumble on indefinitely as it provides them with perfect cover to mask their appalling performance as a company.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Believe it when I see it. Presumably this is also on the condition that the current talks don't fail?

I assume so too. If ASLEF walk out, then Southern have jumped the gun somewhat.

Interesting for the first time on a RMT strike day on Monday that train services will be running for the first time on an RMT strike day, such as between Hastings & Eastbourne.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
From the BBC link
A spokeswoman for Aslef said next week's strikes could not now be reinstated if talks failed.

She said: "Once strikes have been called off, we can't put them back. We would have to look at other dates if the talks fail."

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seems to me that GTR are now quite happy to let the RMT strike rumble on indefinitely as it provides them with perfect cover to mask their appalling performance as a company.

Exactly because the RMT strike is a minor irritant in the grand scheme of things and us commuters are used to that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So is this all over now that 80% is DOO and there are no accidents yet.

Has to be good news for the suffering public. Even if it isn't totally achievable at least there will be more trains and services re-instated.

Hopefully they can sort out the rest in the talks

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here