Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
I know Sarahs family will be overwhelmed by the messages on NSC and it goes to show the Albion community is strong. There maybe disagreements at times, but it is one I am truly proud to be part of.
I saw Sarah a few times whilst she was in the hospice and she was her usual self. Wanting to know the latest at the Albion and giving her opinion on numerous things (as ever!)
She was visited or phoned by players and managers, including ones from the past and other people from the club. This gave her great comfort throughout her illness.
Having worked with Sarah and Liz Costa over the nationwide homophobic approach it was a great surprise to her that Graeme Le Saux, who was chair of the advisory group also visited her on more than one occasion.

Sarah gave me her request on her death of how she would like to be remembered at the Amex and liaising with the club I am sure this will be honoured.

RIP Sarah, I will never forget those many telling offs you gave me at away games for one thing and another!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
RIP Sarah.

Every single Albion supporter owes you a huge debt of gratitude. Your dedication and determination are legendary, and the Amex is a permanent monument to all you did for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awful news. Often saw Sarah on the supporters coach.

RIP Sarah.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know Sarahs family will be overwhelmed by the messages on NSC and it goes to show the Albion community is strong. There maybe disagreements at times, but it is one I am truly proud to be part of.
I saw Sarah a few times whilst she was in the hospice and she was her usual self. Wanting to know the latest at the Albion and giving her opinion on numerous things (as ever!)
She was visited or phoned by players and managers, including ones from the past and other people from the club. This gave her great comfort throughout her illness.
Having worked with Sarah and Liz Costa over the nationwide homophobic approach it was a great surprise to her that Graeme Le Saux, who was chair of the advisory group also visited her on more than one occasion.

Sarah gave me her request on her death of how she would like to be remembered at the Amex and liaising with the club I am sure this will be honoured.

RIP Sarah, I will never forget those many telling offs you gave me at away games for one thing and another!

Good stuff, Darren. Glad the Albion managed to send her off with a cheery new manager and a couple of wins.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Sarah worked so hard for our supporters' club on behalf of all Albion fans and fans of other clubs everywhere. She went about her behind the scenes work incredibly diligently. She will be impossible to replace. Another fan legend gone, but will never be forgotten. RIP.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Such sad news. Only knew Sarah through the gory years and travelling on the supporters club coaches when it was my only way of getting to games. Will raise a glass in her memory RIP Sarah

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Very sad news. I did not know Sarah personally but was certainly a familiar face to me at many away games over the years.

I am aware of the great efforts Sarah put in both as a fan and as a campaigner. She is one of the hard core who can truly be acclaimed to have 'made a difference'. Sarah deserves our appreciation.

RIP.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Withdean, Gillingham, marches, Hove Town Hall, Goldstone, and of course the Amex - Sarah was always there.

It seems strange that there will still be an Albion without her. But without people like her, perhaps there wouldn't be. We all owe her so much. RIP.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I knew of Sarah from the Goldstone days running and organising coaches and events for Albion fans. Although not someone I spent any length of time around I will be forever thankful to her, and those like her, for their tenacity in saving the football club that we all love.

Not often does this seem entirely appropriate, but in this case it does, rest in peace.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
As chairman of the supporters club we have lost a very hard working Secretary but most of all a very dear friend. I have spent many an hour with Sarah, campaigning, and on away coaches all over the country. How we replace her I really don't know, but the one thing I do know is she will never be forgotten, and will always be a big part of the Albions history R.I.P Sarah

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really sad news. I knew that she was seriously ill but these things always come as a shock.

With all her hard work and dedication to all things albion, she will go down in albion folklore as one of those few people who brought the albion through the abyss to the promise land.

Lovely lady who will be very sadly missed

RIP Sarah. You and tony Langridge will have a lot to talk about.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Sarah awful news. As ever brings everything else into perspective. Fitting tribute to beat Arsenal on what would have been her 50th birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here