Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have done it again.......

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
And once again they left with 3 points!

e94f84e15f5549e9bdbf73d6cfba2767.jpg

Saw a couple of Boro get on at Shoreham, they travelled less distance to the game then most of the people on the train.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Yes and the reason is this.

The club very early took the position that if other clubs fans (on average) take in two away days a season they want one to be Brighton.

I hate being considered a potential criminal when I go away and being treated badly by the staff.

Good move by the club and makes perfect sense financially.

Do anything you can to squeeze cash out the away fans.

Maybe they choose one of their awaydays to be Brighton, because they know they are likely to have goals and points to celebrate?

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Is this thread from football in the 1980's, blimey its a sign to make people feel welcome and dare I say it get them to feel at home and spend some money, got nothing to do with the result. Why would making things a bit more intimidating for fans alter the match outcome or indeed make the day better for us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes and the reason is this.

The club very early took the position that if other clubs fans (on average) take in two away days a season they want one to be Brighton.

I hate being considered a potential criminal when I go away and being treated badly by the staff.

Good move by the club and makes perfect sense financially.

Do anything you can to squeeze cash out the away fans.
Problem is the away followings are not big and they were much bigger in previous years at the goldstone etc,maybe it's the parking and location as brighton should really be one of the best away days.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's amazing that we've won any home games at all, it it makes such a difference.

I've been made to feel welcome at away games, and seen posters with our players, put up in the away end.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Is this thread from football in the 1980's, blimey its a sign to make people feel welcome and dare I say it get them to feel at home and spend some money, got nothing to do with the result. Why would making things a bit more intimidating for fans alter the match outcome or indeed make the day better for us.

No we're pointing out that we're the only club that do these things in 2014...Is that clear enough for you?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe they choose one of their awaydays to be Brighton, because they know they are likely to have goals and points to celebrate?

Which completely throw the light on why this has suddenly become an issue with a few irrespective of the fact it's been like that from day one at the Amex.

Rubbish football so it's obviously something to do with the lack of chips and orange shirts.

I think the prices at the Amex are shocking but I don't lose sleep thinking what the away fans have forked out.

Get them in, treat them like guests, watch their wallets open and hope they come back again. You only get one chance a season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No we're pointing out that we're the only club that do these things in 2014...Is that clear enough for you?

Can't possibly be true then that other clubs are coming down to the club to investigate our policy of maximising income from away fans ?

Because that's what it is 100% about.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004

Oh, thanks for explaining, perhaps we should be proud of the fact that our magnificent stadium is made welcoming for all!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Except we're not. Can't remember the ground but one away game last season had posters up thanking us for the distance travelled. Also, I think Reading had staff wearing 'Falmer Way' t-shirts or something.

It's a nice gesture. I'm glad we're one of the clubs doing it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Problem is the away followings are not big and they were much bigger in previous years at the goldstone etc,maybe it's the parking and location as brighton should really be one of the best away days.

What has the Goldstone got to do with it ? I remember paying a few quid to get in.

You've just backed up my argument. You have to get as much cash off the away fans as the home fans. The guest beers etc.. All part of the mix.

Neutral colours in the branding etc.. Let people mix in the bars.

Very very brave of the club and very very clever.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I guess the real issue is if it has any bearing on the results. For example, is the Amex similarly as welcoming to the opposing players?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The posters are cringey but I can understand the logic in trying to maximise income. It's what a business is all about!

Just a shame our team is so generous to away teams too :angry:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Except we're not. Can't remember the ground but one away game last season had posters up thanking us for the distance travelled. Also, I think Reading had staff wearing 'Falmer Way' t-shirts or something.

It's a nice gesture. I'm glad we're one of the clubs doing it.

Yeovil. Cardiff made us feel pretty welcome, as did Derby.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't possibly be true then that other clubs are coming down to the club to investigate our policy of maximising income from away fans ?

Because that's what it is 100% about.
So you're saying that fancy lights in the awayend and fancy leaflets are a thing of the future?
Do you really think away fans give a shite about things like that?they care about cheap tickets and easy access to the stadium.Just playing brighton away alone should be seen as a top away game but it's not like that anymore and why?

Maybe times are hard and the old school trip to brighton is ruined by high ticket prices and hideous B&B prices nowadays,was shocked at the accommodation prices in brighton.

These things at the stadium will do jack shite pal

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here