Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy out for the season

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
That’ll be the plastic pitches. I always feel one half degree of movement away from snapping a cruciate playing on them.

He seemed to have started well under Gerrard as well so I’m sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Absolutely gutted for him, he started really well for them this season and Gerrard looks like he's got them well organised and really functional. It's a huge shame for him, and for Murphy, that this has happened. A real shame for all involved, get well soon Jamie.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Gutted. Seemed to have started really well and be developing into an important role. Hope he gets back into the team in the future or could find it difficult to get more chances.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get well Jamie

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So should the word soccer.

I got pulled up on this in a thread recently so here I am, paying it forward:

The word soccer comes from an abbreviation for Association (from Association Football, the ‘official’ name for the game) plus the addition of the suffix –er. This suffix (originally Rugby School slang, and then adopted by Oxford University), was appended to ‘shortened’ nouns, in order to form jocular words. Rugger is probably the most common example, but other examples included in the Oxford English Dictionary are brekker (for breakfast), bonner (for bonfire), and cupper (a series of intercollegiate matches played in competition for a cup).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bad news for him. IMHO artificial pitches should be banned in pro soccer.

So should grass, one assumes, given cruciate ligament injuries incurred on the surface by, amongst hundreds of others, Solly March, Glenn Murray, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jake Forster-Caskey and so on.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Head up Jamie its not the career ending injury it once was and like all Brighton fans will be looking out for your return

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
That’ll be the plastic pitches. I always feel one half degree of movement away from snapping a cruciate playing on them.

He seemed to have started well under Gerrard as well so I’m sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Did my cruciate on a plastic pitch. Sad loss to the game of football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here