[Drinking] What pub is this?

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Pretty sure it's the Blind Beggar, East London

BB.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely the MG owner must have some idea roughly whereabouts in Sussex it was? Even East or West would help. You said he was from Eastbourne but thought the pub was in Arundel. Why did he think that? Could it actually be in Hampshire?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Asking for a friend. No - honestly.

All he knows is that it’s somewhere in Sussex - early 80s

Thank you. View attachment 92073

Not much to go on ! It looks a bit like the one that has now been turned into a Co-op on the Old Shoreham Road opposite the Jaguar dealership.
attachment.jpg
Screenshot_20180104-152559.png

I emailed Janet Pennington yesterday, about this elusive pub.
She is a local historian and agrees that it could be The Stadium pub, that used to be on the corner of Holmes Ave and Old Shoreham Rd, which is know a Co-op.

She is local to Brighton, and her father used to an Albion supporter :thumbsup:

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
View attachment 92548
View attachment 92547

I emailed Janet Pennington yesterday, about this elusive pub.
She is a local historian and agrees that it could be The Stadium pub, that used to be on the corner of Holmes Ave and Old Shoreham Rd, which is know a Co-op.

She is local to Brighton, and her used to an Albion supporter :thumbsup:

It wasn't the Stadium. Been discounted already as windows are different. In all fairness to Janet I've probably had more pints in there than she has! The co op doors are in same position and shape as the lounge and public bar doors.

Bought first pint there in 1975 wearing school uniform.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Asking for a friend. No - honestly.

All he knows is that it’s somewhere in Sussex - early 80s

Thank you. View attachment 92073

It wasn't the Stadium. Been discounted already as windows are different. In all fairness to Janet I've probably had more pints in there than she has! The co op doors are in same position as the lounge and public bar doors.

Cheers :thumbsup:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It wasn't the Stadium. Been discounted already as windows are different. In all fairness to Janet I've probably had more pints in there than she has! The co op doors are in same position and shape as the lounge and public bar doors.

yeah, no way is it the Stadium. I think it's the back view of a country pub ..... (just need to find which Country!!!!!!!!!!!)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think this will get moved to gold to preserve NSCs only EVER unsolved mystery, I am starting to have my doubts that it is indeed a Sussex pub if NSC hasnt named it, it probably doesnt exist

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think this will get moved to gold to preserve NSCs only EVER unsolved mystery, I am starting to have my doubts that it is indeed a Sussex pub if NSC hasnt named it, it probably doesnt exist

pleaze make it go away ... i'm starting to have my doubts about my sanity

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If you look closely at the single storey to the left, it actually sticks out way further than the building with even rarer windows to its right. This confused me for ages until I realised as it's not initially obvious. It also appears to have been a pub with a curved drive around a patio area similar to the Blackboys which it clearly isn't.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you look closely at the single storey to the left, it actually sticks out way further than the building with even rarer windows to its right. This confused me for ages until I realised as it's not initially obvious. It also appears to have been a pub with a curved drive around a patio area similar to the Blackboys which it clearly isn't.

I originally thought that too :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
White Heart West Hoahley?

Has it been mentioned?

Its got the sloping roof on the left and lack of tree cover.

76dcfe62688b78a782c682aa4a2cb740.jpg

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The only other pub that looks similar is the white lion in East Grinstead but cant find a picture of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here