Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Absolutely gagging for a striker.....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would be nice to believe it and that it is not just all hot air.

This is the speech he made, which could be interesting come August the 31st

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/brigh...omotion-says-seagulls-ceo-132315018--sow.html

For me, the date the window closes is just too late. In fact, it would have been hugely advantageous to have landed the much-needed CM and ST already, and certainly before we play Man City in our first PL game... IMHO, he is already failing to prepare properly... it's not just about cost, it's about timing too...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Capacity of Amex is wrong in that article.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Shit a brick. Wenger now confirms Lucas Perez is available for transfer. Sevilla, Deportivo, Geordies and a German club sniffing. Oh please Albion, get in there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anymore than two just being greedy...

On a serious note it shows how we are one injury/suspension away from a real problem

Nah, with our current strike force all fit and raring to go we still have a problem. Baldock will continue to get injured but even if he doesn't we are well short in the striker department. I do not believe that CH, TB and PB are not even more aware of that than I am, it is their jobs and money on the line if we go in to this season so ridiculously light up front. We are not being run by short sighted dickheads.

Not spending on a speedy quality striker is too short sighted. We WILL sign at least one....eventually

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nah, with our current strike force all fit and raring to go we still have a problem. Baldock will continue to get injured but even if he doesn't we are well short in the striker department. I do not believe that CH, TB and PB are not even more aware of that than I am, it is their jobs and money on the line if we go in to this season so ridiculously light up front. We are not being run by short sighted dickheads.

Not spending on a speedy quality striker is too short sighted. We WILL sign at least one....eventually

I agree, but this particular signing is already long overdue... TB, PB and the recruitment team should be criticised for this ****-up...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He's obviously right, so what is your theory for the recruitment failings CJ?

He's not and we can all come back and pass judgement , share theories on our recruitment successes or failures when we've actually played a few matches and when the window is SHUT . But not on August 4th. Sorry B.W. I know your verdict is already in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's not and we can all come back and pass judgement , share theories on our recruitment successes or failures when we've actually played a few matches and when the window is SHUT . But not on August 4th. Sorry B.W. I know your verdict is already in.

It is, but then again... fail to prepare and all that...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Clearly, this window is a challenge.

I don't think it is simplistic, we may have targets that we've been negotiating with, but we are not in the same ball park wages wise... (although agents and selling clubs may think we are).

However, for me, not to have a striker in place with almost one week to go is not good. Surely, we didn't write off the first three matches because, we're waiting for a frenetic last week, when prices may or may not be reduced. After all, it's not as though Watford and Leicester aren't winnable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd settle for one now TBH...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly, this window is a challenge.

I don't think it is simplistic, we may have targets that we've been negotiating with, but we are not in the same ball park wages wise... (although agents and selling clubs may think we are).

However, for me, not to have a striker in place with almost one week to go is not good. Surely, we didn't write off the first three matches because, we're waiting for a frenetic last week, when prices may or may not be reduced. After all, it's not as though Watford and Leicester aren't winnable.

1/5 or if you prefer 20% of what we'd call the 'winnable' games from our sub-division happen before October.
September has to be potentially the winningest month.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How many years have we been saying this. At the moment every Premier League club has a stronger front line than we have.

For the last twenty or so years every PL club has had a stronger front line than us, I should think. I would be very surprised if that were not the case...........

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I am 100% convinced the club are trying to get in a striker, they see the same issues as we do. But for what ever reason (wages, initial fee, location) we are not getting the deals done. Something has to change, and while I am not saying we need to bid £20m to get any old striker, we might have to spend more than we initially wanted to spend.

On another mater, why the **** is the transfer window not 'slammed' shut before the season starts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here