Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Test England v South Africa, The Oval, July 27-31

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Toblerone has a beautiful controlled, rhythmic, languid run in. Almost cruising by the time he delivers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
GOT 'IM !!! Moeen Ali gets Morris off the last ball of the session! Caught at slip by Stokes :clap2:

That will make the sandwiches taste nicer :)

Lunch, Day Five

South Africa 205-7 (65 overs), trailing by 286

Dean Elgar 113* standing alone.

Two wickets in two balls for TRJ the highlight of the morning for England... just 3 more to go to seal the win.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What happened?

Long story - I'll try and keep it brief.

Aggers read out a 'press release' from the International Cricket Council stating that the series of matches between England and the Rest of the World in 1970 would now not only be expunged from the records of test matches (this was done in 1973), but all First Class stats would also be expunged. The series was the replacement for the cancelled tour of the South African. Boycott played in matches four and five.

Therefore all records from this series will be taken from the records. Various people were quoted in the press release saying 'we understand people taking part will be upset, but we know they'll take this on the chin...'

Andrew Sampson muttered that this was 'ridiculous'. Boycott, on air with Aggers at the time, exploded on air. "That's ridiculous! Muppets!"

"I know..." said Aggers, "... the thing is, don't you have a celebration organised for the 40th anniversary of your 100th century?" "Aye, I do - 11th August."

"Oh no, you'll have to cancel now..."

"But this is silly. Politics. I hate it..."

This went on for about ten minutes in between deliveries - Boycott getting more and more incredulous all the time.

Eventually Aggers said - "You're right, Geoffery. It's outrageous. Its awful. It's disgraceful. And it's a total wind-up..."

Cue huge laughter across the TMS box.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Aggers read out a 'press release' from the International Cricket Council stating that the series of matches between England and the Rest of the World in 1970 would now not only be expunged from the records of test matches (this was done in 1973), but all First Class stats would also be expunged. The series was the replacement for the cancelled tour of the South African. Boycott played in matches four and five.

Therefore all records from this series will be taken from the records. Various people were quoted in the press release saying 'we understand people taking part will be upset, but we know they'll take this on the chin...'

Andrew Sampson muttered that this was 'ridiculous'. Boycott, on air with Aggers at the time, exploded on air. "That's ridiculous! Muppets!"

"I know..." said Aggers, "... the thing is, don't you have a celebration organised for the 40th anniversary of your 100th century?" "Aye, I do - 11th August."

This went on for about ten minutes in between deliveries - Boycott getting more and more incredulous all the time.

Eventually Aggers said - "You're right, Geoffery. It's outrageous. Its awful. It's disgraceful. And it's a total wind-up..."

The TMS Team managed to convince him that one of his Centuries had been downgraded from First Class Status leaving on 99 rather than 100. Top Work!

Wonderful stuff!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope I can catch up on this when I get in later.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The TMS Team managed to convince him that one of his Centuries had been downgraded from First Class Status leaving on 99 rather than 100. Top Work!

His main beef would be that his 100th century came at Leeds against Australia. He scored another fifty odd after that but I can see it would have rankled.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The consolation is that it is very rare that a batsman who has a good day as Elgar has comes out and does the same the next day. I expect him to go without scoring another 20 runs so a couple of wickets before lunch sets us up well as we get into their tail.

Brilliant work Mystic Meg!

Now he's nailed on to carry his bat.

He talks a lot of sense about batting and the approach to it especially about movement of the feet.

Oddly, I was watching KP do a thing on batting the other day and he totally de-bunked the movement of feet issue insisting it's all about moving your head towards the ball.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oddly, I was watching KP do a thing on batting the other day and he totally de-bunked the movement of feet issue insisting it's all about moving your head towards the ball.

I think that depends on whether you are going to play the forward defensive or the flamingo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here