Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017/18 new kit thread

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Proper stripes for us. Nothing else will do.

Exactly.

As I remember it, the ONLY reason we left the stripes in 1979 was for the British Caledonian sponsorship. It was felt at the time that sponsorship wouldn't be clear enough on a striped shirt, so to add the sponsor we had to lose the stripes. Once we realised that this was nonsense and other teams carried sponsorship perfectly well on a striped shirt, the pressure began to return to stripes.

Absolutely no reason to go away from them now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rumored to be the new Liverpool away kit

C-bS0G6XgAEGlZR.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

View attachment 84754

From looking at the home kit, I honestly thought they were heading towards marking their 125th anniversary with kits that gave a serious nod to the greatest era in their history, and thought the away kit would closely resemble this ....

Attachments

• Liverpool2.jpg
    Liverpool2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,210

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exactly.

As I remember it, the ONLY reason we left the stripes in 1979 was for the British Caledonian sponsorship. It was felt at the time that sponsorship wouldn't be clear enough on a striped shirt, so to add the sponsor we had to lose the stripes. Once we realised that this was nonsense and other teams carried sponsorship perfectly well on a striped shirt, the pressure began to return to stripes.

Absolutely no reason to go away from them now.

Well we then had to get through the Phoenix Breweries years, and a season with NOBO before it finally happened!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

View attachment 84754

That's AWFUL.

What is it with using shitty colours like turquoise and pale magenta or whatever.

This is football, not something out of Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen's design guide.

Sake.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So Liverpool retro kit but not retro priced ?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
From looking at the home kit, I honestly thought they were heading towards marking their 125th anniversary with kits that gave a serious nod to the greatest era in their history, and thought the away kit would closely resemble this ....

It seems to be a remake of their 1996 era kit - worn in the FA Cup Final that year

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Really like that Liverpool shirt. Make it blue with maybe some pinstripes and we're talking.

That's basically what the Massive did, which is why whenever I watch them play I think I'm watching Ipswich Town. Blue and white stripes please!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Be nice to be the only team in the division wearing Blue and White stripes, as long as Hudds, Reading (hoops), or Sheff Wed don't make it up I suppose. Another reason to want Fulham.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I did find that the Nike kit material was a lot nicer (in my view) than the Errea one. More breathable when warm, etc.. As you say though, decent collar!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here