Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How's your Albion Mojo at the moment?

How's high is your Albion Mojo at the moment?

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
8... 2 more reqd signings for a 10...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having done a HUGE amount of business by the middle of July, the only reason I'm not a 10 is that we missed out on Ronaldo to Juventus. Other than that, if we can match last season, compete in the majority of games, hopefully score a few more goals, absolutely a solid 9.

Where are all those critics of the recruitment team, calling for sackings etc. for not getting our business done early enough? Expected a few more threads from them giving praise in equal measure of the derision sent their way this time last year...

The score a few more goals is crucial. We need one of Andone or Locadia (ideally both) to work well as a forward option. Andone sounds like he is exactly the right signing for our system so hopefully he will do well as we did struggle to score goals for much of last season, especially away.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The score a few more goals is crucial. We need one of Andone or Locadia (ideally both) to work well as a forward option. Andone sounds like he is exactly the right signing for our system so hopefully he will do well as we did struggle to score goals for much of last season, especially away.

Spot on.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Never one to get too excited. :thumbsup:

Out of interest, what has kept it down to a 7? What would boost it up to an 8 or 9?

Some of us are realistic and don't get carried away. 7 is a steady score for another difficult relegation fight.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Good ol' bi-polar NSC! Lose at Watford and most of these scores will be halved.

7 btw. I'm still in World Cup mode, plus of course the cricket's on. I shan't really get Albion-i-fied until the day of the Watford game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can it be anything other than 10 at the moment? Nicking players from PSV, outgunning Porto re Bissouma, going toe to toe with Borussia Dortmund for Delaney, welcoming players back from a World Cup, keeping hold of all of our best players.

These are great times to be an Albion fan.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
How can it be anything other than 10 at the moment? Nicking players from PSV, outgunning Porto re Bissouma, going toe to toe with Borussia Dortmund for Delaney, welcoming players back from a World Cup, keeping hold of all of our best players.

Ain't that just the truth.... spot on Pav'y

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
7. It was about 3 while the World Cup was on, and has picked up a bit with new signings and new kit, but I'm a little footballed out right now, plus a new addition to the family 4 months ago has been.....distracting. By season start I'll be a 9.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some of us are realistic and don't get carried away. 7 is a steady score for another difficult relegation fight.

Sorry, but I think the reverse is true. If you score a 7 then your expectations are way higher than mine, unrealistically so imho. I'm a 9 because my expectations ARE for a tough season and a battle to finish 17th or higher again, but that I am delighted with our preparations so far for that battle. I'm a 9 because unlike all previous seasons since TB took over, our transfer business has been decisive, and completed quickly, allowing the new players to integrate into the squad, have a full pre-season, and hopefully 'get' what we're all about. And so far, we appear to be retaining all our best players from last season. What are the realistic expectations of a 7 to get to an 8 or 9?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry, but I think the reverse is true. If you score a 7 then your expectations are way higher than mine, unrealistically so imho. I'm a 9 because my expectations ARE for a tough season and a battle to finish 17th or higher again, but that I am delighted with our preparations so far for that battle. I'm a 9 because unlike all previous seasons since TB took over, our transfer business has been decisive, and completed quickly, allowing the new players to integrate into the squad, have a full pre-season, and hopefully 'get' what we're all about. And so far, we appear to be retaining all our best players from last season. What are the realistic expectations of a 7 to get to an 8 or 9?
Agree with bringing in players early. I think that's vital to get them bedded in etc so kudos to the club.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

This for me too.

Look at our friends up the road, no spending power, no singings ( well, one goalie) and their best players queuing up to get the **** out of dodge.

Happy days indeed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with bringing in players early. I think that's vital to get them bedded in etc so kudos to the club.

I'd much rather play the big boys early when their players are recovering from the World Cup and bedding in new signings made late in the window than, say, October or November.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This for me too.

Look at our friends up the road, no spending power, no singings ( well, one goalie) and their best players queuing up to get the **** out of dodge.

Happy days indeed.

I wouldn't read to much what they are doing up the road. They are very shrewd in the loan market and i expect them to be the same when the window edges towards closure.

Think people are reading to much into it. They will pull out a couple of good signings. I'd rather worry about us then comparing ourselves to other clubs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s still the summer. Not thinking about the Albion just yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here