Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving early

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I fully understand that some fans have to leave early to beat the rush, but there is no excuse for the mass exodus at 80 minutes.
There are fans in the row I sit who miss up to 20 minutes of action every game just to fill their belly and also get the first train out.
The club will take their money and yes it fills the coffers, however they are not real fans IMO.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
1. The players get paid thousands to play till the final whistle, unless they leave early on the account of Chris Houghton subbing them.
2. The fans pay hundreds to watch these clowns play, they can leave when they like.
No comparison :thumbsup:

It is completely irrelevant what the players get paid. It is human nature for them to feel a bit peeved at half the people who’ve been screaming advice at them for the last 80 minutes who get up and leave as soon as they go a goal down. Why that makes the players ‘clowns’, I have no idea.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm never embarrassed by what others do. You see it in every stadium in the country, and ours is no different.

Today seemed excessive though and no excuse. No replacement buses, weather ok and most of us off work until Tuesday.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's struck me watching people leaving today that maybe they'd stay if we were a team who had a track record of scoring late goals and snatching late draws / wins. But when was the last time we actually did this? None I can immediately recall.

If people thought there was a chance the team would turn it around at the end maybe more would stay, but TBH when Leicester took the lead I knew there was little to no chance of Brighton actually taking anything from the game. We just don't seem to have the legs or the heart to snatch late results.

Can anyone remember the last time we took something out of a game from being behind / won a game late on (i.e. 88 minutes plus, which normally seems to be the cut-off round my way)?

From memory last season:

Burton (A)
Massive (H)
Brum (A)
Brentford (A)

List would treble with late goals 80+

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's the record for leaving early before half time for a pint and returning late?

Are those angry about early leavers, equally concerned about the thousands who disappear on 37 minutes to get pints of booze?

Shirley all the same principles apply.
1. Driving the team on.
2. Can't be nice for the players.
3. Why do they bother?
4. You wouldn't miss any part of a trip to the theatre, opera or cinema.
5. Many key goals are scored before HT.

No double standards I hope.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
FFS. Not this again

image.jpg

biddles911

May 12, 2014
FFS. Not this again

About time this thread was banned!

People pay their money and are entitled to leave/stay as they like, in my book. They have a myriad of reasons, I’m sure, but I really don’t care. More importantly, I don’t think it’s any of my business.

Perhaps others would care to explain why they care? But please don’t give the usual cr*p about their not being “real” fans.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is completely irrelevant what the players get paid. It is human nature for them to feel a bit peeved at half the people who’ve been screaming advice at them for the last 80 minutes who get up and leave as soon as they go a goal down. Why that makes the players ‘clowns’, I have no idea.

Just a turn of phrase chap :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Are those angry about early leavers, equally concerned about the thousands who disappear on 37 minutes to get pints of booze?

1. Driving the team on.
3. Why do they bother?

Yes, they're also complete bellends. Though, most groups I know round-robin it so it's not the same person missing the game each time.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Today seemed excessive though and no excuse. No replacement buses, weather ok and most of us off work until Tuesday.

There aren't any excuses really as the vast majority of those who left early today somehow magically managed to stay till the final whistle v arsenal the other week - and that was a Sunday. Im not embarrassed by it as it happens at most grounds in this country, but it is a shame just how quickly the ground empties from 80 mins onwards most games

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018

1. Driving the team on.
3. Why do they bother?

Exactly.

Time and time again people moan about early leavers even though the Amex is crap to get to and leave but no-one gives a monkey about those missing half the game for a pint.It hardly get's mentioned.Maybe that's because those moaning are the ones who are guilty of this.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I usually don't leave early if I get the train but if I get the coach then there's no point whatsoever.
It leaves 30 mins after the game so it's a luxury watching the game knowing you can relax.
Would be great if the coach was paid for in the match ticket same as the train.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They're not answerable to you, nor have to give excuses. I've seen opposition fans walk out sooner than 73 minutes. That's just life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here