Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I showed up just in time to start the Hove Park reverse course run this morning. I piled into a 21:13 this morning, I was planning on 21:59 but then someone ran past me, which yanked my chain so I gave it the beans a little bit. Then, to make matters even worse, the same gentleman then chose to try and pass me with 50 metres to go so it was a flat out sprint finish which I really didn't need. But won, and won well. :thumbsup:

My groin/hip is certainly not back to 100%, so I'm 50/50 whether I'll be out for a long run tomorrow or not is not clear. 4 weeks until marathon day, I'm not where I need to be.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Hmm. 20 miles on the plan... and about 3 inches of snow outside... trail shoes, plenty of layers, and laps rather than an out and back it is.

Now where is the porridge and coffee!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hmm. 20 miles on the plan... and about 3 inches of snow outside... trail shoes, plenty of layers, and laps rather than an out and back it is.

Now where is the porridge and coffee!

You'll be home before my 10 o'clock start. The maranoia list is bigger than ever this morning:headache, sickness, dodgy ankle, lack of appetite, sniffles and the squitters. I'll tell them where they can stick their pint of Harvey's.................

I'll pretend I'm going for a stroll around Lewes to get me to the start.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just put water bladder in pack without screwing up top properly. Wet pack.

This is for those driving home last night and todays runners.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You'll be home before my 10 o'clock start. The maranoia list is bigger than ever this morning:headache, sickness, dodgy ankle, lack of appetite, sniffles and the squitters. I'll tell them where they can stick their pint of Harvey's.................

I'll pretend I'm going for a stroll around Lewes to get me to the start.

Only just! In fact I didn't cross the threshold until after 10... but that was after a few minutes cool down.

Rubbish weather for running, probably great for working on endurance... maybe...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nothing like a fun 22 miles half of it running into a 20mph freezing wind to start off the day. Hand was so cold at one point I stuggled to rip the top off an energy gel. Rest of the day planned to be spent with legs up and eating.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
34.8km/21.6 miles up the Adur/Downslink from Shoreham to Stan’s Cafe. Not easy conditions of course but very encouraged with 3:16. Especially pleased with consistency of c9 min miling on way back.

Longest run in the bank - four weeks to go!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
20 miles for me today. Ran from Portslade to Saltdean as far as I could before that ******* wind forced me to turn back.

Cramp in my right calf from mile 15. Miserable run but thankfully done.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tough day at the office, culminating in getting done in the last mile by Mr 'Finish strong' [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] [emoji38]

Moyleman is a beast that demands respect, especially given the brutal winds around today - home in 5:09...

Sorry I didn't see you, Seaford, but well done to all of the marshals and volunteers today - super job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I know just how you feel. Next time I watch a game in The Blue Anchor I'm having Fosters instead.

68 days of sobriety until a Harvey's at the Brewery just after 3pm today.
Clear, light head, no sweetness and a loving sharp bitterness. The beer not me.
Sorry [MENTION=12396]Seaford by the sea[/MENTION] I misread your post and looked for you at the bottom of Bo Peep. Great job you all did today enjoying the Spring weather and comforting to know help, if needed, was never far away. Excellent support.
Bath and red wine now so I may do a race report or probably sort out the Brexit thread once and for all.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Well done [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] at the Moyleman.

The marshalls are the real heroes today especially [MENTION=12396]Seaford by the sea[/MENTION] who also marshalled the Mince Pie in terrible conditions if I remember correctly!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing like a fun 22 miles half of it running into a 20mph freezing wind to start off the day. Hand was so cold at one point I stuggled to rip the top off an energy gel. Rest of the day planned to be spent with legs up and eating.

I did a 20 miler at 7am and it was minus 5. I always treat myself to a Burger King chocolate milkshake after a long run; I was shivering and so cold after devouring it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Moyleman runners - firstly, well done. A tough, tough route in pretty grim conditions.

Do you run through a A27 underpass?

I was wondering how legs at 23 miles would cross the A27 but there is an old underpass that allows the Bridle Way or footpath through.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was wondering how legs at 23 miles would cross the A27 but there is an old underpass that allows the Bridle Way or footpath through.

Well done to you and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]. Hard enough route in good conditions, great work today and marshalling today must have been a challenge........

Got a feeling they have to get special permission from the farmer to use that bit if I remember correctly so you can’t use it normally.......you turn under a bridge after a longish stretch on a footpath then across a field ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well done to you and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]. Hard enough route in good conditions, great work today and marshalling today must have been a challenge........

Got a feeling they have to get special permission from the farmer to use that bit if I remember correctly so you can’t use it normally.......you turn under a bridge after a longish stretch on a footpath then across a field ?

Marshals excellent. Best I've ever experienced. Get them in the Amex......

That sounds right. It's almost the drive for the Palace fans occupied farmhouse but under the road and takes you into a field. I'll have a look on the O/S tomorrow as it's all within Eric Ravilious country a walk I mean to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here