Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly at Birmingham tomorrow

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For goodness sake! It was a friendly. You know, the time to try things out, test things, tinker around a bit, find out what’s what. Hardly the occasion to get your knickers in a twist. :shrug:

Ignore the cretin

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For goodness sake! It was a friendly. You know, the time to try things out, test things, tinker around a bit, find out what’s what. Hardly the occasion to get your knickers in a twist. :shrug:
So, just tell me which teams will have looked at that and not thought, not much to bother us there? No? Short list is it?

Yes, I do know it was a friendly - strange as it may seem to you, I do understand that. "Time to try things out, test things, tinker around a bit" is how you put it, and I agree; except we didn't, did we? We played last year's team (with one new fullback who looked OK, but not obviously any improvement on what we had last year) with last year's formation and tactics. Not very well today, IMHO, and we'll need to be much better at Watford and, and 37 more times after that too! So, whether you think I should be or not, I was disappointed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I've just been watching the football focus program, from the Amex last season.

I quote CH:
'And it's our responsibility to do the best job that we can, and ultimately the aim is to make sure, come the following season, that we are very much in this division'

Keep the faith, nothing more to be said IMO :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ignore the cretin

No, I haven't done that - and I'm not the sort of ar8ehole that would call him a cretin anyway. I have replied politely to his post; he and I may still not agree, but neither of us have resorted to stupid name calling. So thanks for the advice, but I'll ignore it, thanks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, just tell me which teams will have looked at that and not thought, not much to bother us there? No? Short list is it?

Yes, I do know it was a friendly - strange as it may seem to you, I do understand that. "Time to try things out, test things, tinker around a bit" is how you put it, and I agree; except we didn't, did we? We played last year's team (with one new fullback who looked OK, but not obviously any improvement on what we had last year) with last year's formation and tactics. Not very well today, IMHO, and we'll need to be much better at Watford and, and 37 more times after that too! So, whether you think I should be or not, I was disappointed.

You know perfectly well that if we have more than one, maybe two new players in our first 11 against watford it means that we either have a massive injury crisis, or that CH has been on the sauce. New players are introduced gently....they are certainly not all given a simultaneous beasting against whoever we played today in a pre season shit or bustathon.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I might of said this before, the promotion season pre season results were terrible it means absolutely nothing. Listening to ex pros the majority of players can't stand playing in them and just want the season to kick off.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I'd imagine / hope we'll look a lot more menacing with Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma & Andone starting.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I was just watching a video of Bissouma and it's so impressive the way he keeps the ball in tight spaces and holds off opposing players.

It's even more impressive when you consider that he's only 21.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was just watching a video of Bissouma and it's so impressive the way he keeps the ball in tight spaces and holds off opposing players.

It's even more impressive when you consider that he's only 21.

Looking like a big big player..... Definitely excited about this one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You know perfectly well that if we have more than one, maybe two new players in our first 11 against watford it means that we either have a massive injury crisis, or that CH has been on the sauce. New players are introduced gently....they are certainly not all given a simultaneous beasting against whoever we played today in a pre season shit or bustathon.

Against Man City last season , Hughton gave 5 players a debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No no no. Putting someone on ignore is extremely rare of me to do. I have a backbone :)

Backbone pah! You have more patience than me, matey :lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Against Man City last season , Hughton gave 5 players a debut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs must. Needs no longer must. And remember how slow he was to blood Izzy and the Greyhound. Talk about tippy toes in the sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here