Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reports of a van driving into a crowd of people in Finsbury Park

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Seems to have knocked over more than 10 people near Finsbury Park mosque, one person has been arrested.Seems some are seriously injured and declared a major incident.

Too early at this stage to speculate on motive (if there was one)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
BBC:

A vehicle has struck pedestrians "leaving a number of casualties" in north London, police said.
One person was arrested following the incident near Finsbury Park Mosque on Seven Sisters Road.
Officers were called at 00.20 BST and remain at the scene, the Metropolitan Police said, describing it as a "major incident".
London Ambulance Service said it had sent "a number of resources".
Witnesses said the area was busy because worshippers had been attending evening prayers.
The Muslim Council of Britain said its "prayers are with the victims."
Cynthia Vanzella said on Twitter: "Horrible to watch police officers doing cardiac massage at people on the floor, desperately trying to save them. I just hope they did."
Others have described seeing police tend to the injured.
One eyewitness who lives in a flat on Seven Sisters Road told the BBC she saw people "shouting and screaming".
"Everyone was shouting 'a van's hit people'.
"There was this white van stopped outside Finsbury Park Mosque that seems to have hit people who were coming out of the mosque after prayers finished."
She said the road was "backed up" with police cars, ambulance and fire engines.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Treating it as a terrorist attack. Not again :nono:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Strange how few comments there have been on this event a compared to the London Bridge attack.

Granted the timing may have meant it was past some on here's bedtime or are we just so used to it that it seems less newsworthy - or is it something else?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Strange how few comments there have been on this event a compared to the London Bridge attack.

Granted the timing may have meant it was past some on here's bedtime or are we just so used to it that it seems less newsworthy - or is it something else?
Not really. The London bridge attack happened at ten o clock, this occurred much later and has also thankfully resulted in far fewer casualties. I would say that perhaps it's strange that no one has suggested that the person was mentally ill or something? It's a pity that you seem to have an agenda.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It would seem from comments from the local community that this was a deliberate attack and the driver of the van was detained by an angry mob and his life was saved by the intervention of the Imman to enable him to be arrested.
Far right idiot?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Sincere apologies for being asleep at the approved time to pass comment as the incident happened.

As with all other incidents a terrible loss of life be it 1 or more of any race and regardless of motive. Sadly it does appear to be some sort of twisted revenge attack.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Terrible news. Thoughts are with the Londoners suffering today.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not really. The London bridge attack happened at ten o clock, this occurred much later and has also thankfully resulted in far fewer casualties. I would say that perhaps it's strange that no one has suggested that the person was mentally ill or something? It's a pity that you seem to have an agenda.

Mental illness already mentioned in one paper's coverage of the attack.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Please let this end. [emoji29]

So when someone attack muslims they call it a racial motivation rather than sectarian and call for greater sencorship.

When a muslim does it they call it mental illness and let more muslims in and go soft and pander to the muslim community.

How is this going to end well?

As I said this is how civilisations fall, with, among other things escalating violence.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So when someone attack muslims they call it a racial motivation rather than sectarian and call for greater sencorship.

When a muslim does it they call it mental illness and let more muslims in and go soft and pander to the muslim community.

How is this going to end well?

As I said this is how civilisations fall, with, among other things escalating violence.

This is possibly going to be a huge problem with tit-for-tat attacks from the non-muslim extremists in Britain. I sincerely hope that's not the case. I heard a young muslim man who went to the mosque after the attack and he described how the feeling was one of anger and a feeling that muslims were being victimised and want to hit back. I found that an amazing comment given the Manchester and London Bridge attacks. The muslims need the support of the greater part of the British public in order for any kind of stability to emerge from this mess. It is my fear that attacks of this sort will lead to further marginalisation of muslims and therefore worsening attacks on both 'sides'.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sincere apologies for being asleep at the approved time to pass comment as the incident happened.

As with all other incidents a terrible loss of life be it 1 or more of any race and regardless of motive. Sadly it does appear to be some sort of twisted revenge attack.

I did mention the fact that timing may have been an issue - however looking at the London Bridge thread hundreds of posts were made throughout the night!

My thought was that as what appears a deliberate race related attack it seemed unusual the lack of response.

In this case the powers are saying "possible" terrorist attack. I guess it is difficult to define when it's a terrorist attack or just the act of a nut job white supremacist.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here