Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I don't think I've been listening properly and my brain is functioning in a way that I'm not totally happy with. My question is this: why are the SNP losing votes and seats, sometimes to the Tories? The Scots hate the Tories. Mostly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
George Osborne is worth watching!

Yeah, I'm on ITV at the moment.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "stupid" earlier, but it's certainly naive to assume a result that mirrors the exit poll makes for a strong Brexit negotiating position for the UK given the timescales involved and the massively different agendas of the parties involved, and the heavyweights of Osborne and Balls have just said the same.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think I've been listening properly and my brain is functioning in a way that I'm not totally happy with. My question is this: why are the SNP losing votes and seats, sometimes to the Tories? The Scots hate the Tories. Mostly.
People change their mind based on circunstances and Ruth Davidson is hugely likeable.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Recount in Foyle in Northern Ireland. A Sinn Fein gain from The SDLP on the cards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I meant in this campaign alone.

The left wing writers who'd criticised him over the last two years either disappeared or suddenly became his mates.

Within the last couple of weeks perhaps, but very late in play. For 2 years he's been fighting 90% of the media.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, I'm on ITV at the moment.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "stupid" earlier, but it's certainly naive to assume a result that mirrors the exit poll makes for a strong Brexit negotiating position for the UK given the timescales involved and the massively different agendas of the parties involved, and the heavyweights of Osborne and Balls have just said the same.

Any political party involved will prepare for Brexit failure, so that any negative results and perceptions from Brexit will be blamed on the other parties within a Coalition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exit poll currently near enough bang on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here