Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do 1901ers get too many "loyalty" points?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
how about making them equal to every other season ticket holder when it comes to away games and "attended loyalty" ........apart from the money they pump regarding home fixtures what makes them special in the context of away games?.....thats right........nothing.

Unfortunately modern football values money over pretty much everything else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The reality is sinking in.

It's a new season, new and very different division to any we have played in before, so there is a chance for the club to revisit the loyalty points scheme which is weighted heavily in 1901ers favour. Let's see.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Spoken like a non-STH who doesn't do Championship aways. I would not be happy if we went to say, Bournemouth on the last day with something riding on the fixture and I missed out on attending because people won tickets in a ballot
Spoken as a STH who goes to a few away games (furthest Wigan in October). Like I said, LP works well but would like it to atleast give the wider support base some hope of getting Premier League away live action.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Wow. Hadn't realised how many loyalty points the 1901 members got. While I get that they need extra points as home cup games are included it gives them a massive advantage getting these points right at the start of the season, would make more sense to award the cup points when the games actually happen.

If our first away next season is at Arsenal (close, big club) there probably will be a lot of 1901 members who never normally go away who decide to go. The game could sell out at 1100 loyalty points.

I will start next season on 1116 points and after Villa I will have done 12 away games and one home cup game. To only just be ahead of a 1901 member with no history of attending away games feels unfair (but I'd be a lot more annoyed if I was going to start next season on just under 1100 points!)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's a new season, new and very different division to any we have played in before, so there is a chance for the club to revisit the loyalty points scheme which is weighted heavily in 1901ers favour. Let's see.

Dream on,money and prawn sandwiches talk from now on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
how about making them equal to every other season ticket holder when it comes to away games and "attended loyalty" ........apart from the money they pump regarding home fixtures what makes them special in the context of away games?.....thats right........nothing.

As you state the money they are putting in over a 5 year period for home games, which is more expensive than the home season ticket.

Whether 100 points is right or wrong is immaterial, given they are making that level of commitment, I think it's fair they should get something.

Perhaps as has been pointed out if season ticket holders tie themselves in for 5 years, they should also receive some sort of benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Must admit i didnt know until this thread 1901 got special loyalty points.
Not something i paid much attention to.

Quite naively surprised BHAFC allows attendance loyalty points to be bought.
prob not the only club

doesnt make it non crap though

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree. Letter to PB?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you state the money they are putting in over a 5 year period for home games, which is more expensive than the home season ticket.

Whether 100 points is right or wrong is immaterial, given they are making that level of commitment, I think it's fair they should get something.

Perhaps as has been pointed out if season ticket holders tie themselves in for 5 years, they should also receive some sort of benefit.

This isn't the debate though. It's the level of benefit. A 1901er with no away games has higher priority than a regular ST holder who repeatedly goes to 10 always. Doesn't seem fair.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nobody has answered whether 1901 members attending away matches a previous season get those points carried over, as per season ticket holders or is it reset to 1100.

I believe those loyalty points get wiped off.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Heavily? Depends on your definition, I guess. 50 of the 100 point differential is because home cup games are included (the club already valued the inclusion of home cup games at 50 when they introduced the "Gold" ST). Ever since 1901 was introduced, the club has valued some combination of a five year commitment and the extra cash at 30 LP, as 1901ers originally had 1030 points v 1000. This differential doesn't seem extortionate - surely a five year commitment, irrespective of which division we're playing in is some form of "loyalty". Sure, we can argue how many LP a 5 year commitment is "worth" in terms of "loyalty", but surely that value is greater than zero?

What does seem iniquitous is the 20 additional LP that appeared from nowhere (the difference between 1080 and 1100). Hence my suggestion that the 1901 LP should lie somewhere between 1060 (valuing the 5 year commitment at 10 LP) and 1080 (maintaining the differential which had existed since 1901 was introduced at 30, and valuing the 5 year commitment at 30 LP).

Again, heavily?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This isn't the debate though. It's the level of benefit. A 1901er with no away games has higher priority than a regular ST holder who repeatedly goes to 10 always. Doesn't seem fair.

I understand that, but regardless of that surely committing for a 5 year term (effectively assuring the club of that income, should result in the same at least?).

There is no easy answer to this.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

This is utter bollocks

The annual season ticket holder is just as loyal as the 5 year season ticket 1901 holder. The ability to afford 1901 does not make you more special than someone on direct monthly debit for one season.

The issue is about loyalty points, money should not buy extra loyalty points.......this is wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Heavily? Depends on your definition, I guess. 50 of the 100 point differential is because home cup games are included (the club already valued the inclusion of home cup games at 50 when they introduced the "Gold" ST). Ever since 1901 was introduced, the club has valued some combination of a five year commitment and the extra cash at 30 LP, as 1901ers originally had 1030 points v 1000. This differential doesn't seem extortionate - surely a five year commitment, irrespective of which division we're playing in is some form of "loyalty". Sure, we can argue how many LP a 5 year commitment is "worth" in terms of "loyalty", but surely that value is greater than zero?

What does seem iniquitous is the 20 additional LP that appeared from nowhere (the difference between 1080 and 1100). Hence my suggestion that the 1901 LP should lie somewhere between 1060 (valuing the 5 year commitment at 10 LP) and 1080 (maintaining the differential which had existed since 1901 was introduced at 30, and valuing the 5 year commitment at 30 LP).

Again, heavily?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s example suggests a 1901er with no away games can be ahead of a regular ST who regularly attends 10 aways. If I have misunderstood this I apologise. But if it's correct it does seem unfair and weighted heavily in favour of 1901ers irrespective of cash paid or length of commitment. No aways games versus 10...and Mr/Mrs 10 might miss out to someone going to their first away at Old Trafford.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Again, heavily?

Good post

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This is utter bollocks

The annual season ticket holder is just as loyal as the 5 year season ticket 1901 holder. The ability to afford 1901 does not make you more special than someone on direct monthly debit for one season.

The issue is about loyalty points, money should not buy extra loyalty points.......this is wrong.

Then if the club do away with 1901 they are losing a lot of income.

If you bothered reading my post I suggested that perhaps season ticket holders should be allowed the same opportunity to tie in for 5 years.

Hardly bollocks

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Such a scheme previously existed. It was called a Private Seat Licence. I can't remember how long the commitment was, but I think it was either five years or "lifetime" (actually 50 years) - exactly the same term lengths that exist for 1901ers.

To be clear, the 1901 contract is split in to two parts: you contract for a licence for your seat (which allows you to transfer it to other people with the club's blessing) for either five years (£500), or 50 years (£1000). Separately, you contract for the games for a fixed five year period. If you bought a 50 year licence, but decide you want to stop going to games for some reason, you can sell the licence to someone else (if you can find a buyer - I'm guessing this may now be easier than it has been!), but there is no right of refund from the club (again, the club may now be more amenable to taking them back off people's hands).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here