Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another hour another name- Joel Campbell

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10849151/european-paper-talk-bayern-munich-target-alexis-sanchez-and-kyle-walker

Scroll down a little to the Portugal section where he is currently playing on loan from Arsenal. As with most rumours there is probably little or no substance but at least a player that we could get mildly excited about?

Haven't seen him play since he had half a good season with Arsenal a year or 2 back, seemed like he might force his way in on a regular basis but another young talent forced to go out on loan. Unless he's gone backwards recently it could potentially be a good signing!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
' The Portuguese side have no interest in keeping the Costa Rican after this season. (O Jogo)' seems pertinent

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
We all thought and expected that from Akpom.

Only he's played almost 150 games of top flight across Europe including Champions League, Akpom came with reservations about how well he did in a Hull team playing in the Championship. Otherwise yeah, the same.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Chuba Akpom signing may well have proved fruitful given time. Unfortuantely, as is often the case with half season loan deals, he just didn't get given enough game time, to find out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We all thought and expected that from Akpom.

Only people who haven't watched both Akpom and Campbell would have expected that.

Campbell was VERY unlucky to not cut it at Arsenal. A very dangerous player when confidence is flowing.

But still, don't let me stop the generalisations.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Remember he was very good at the the Brazil World Cup and my mate who is a Gooner rated him quite highly. No idea what he's been up to since he left Arse though

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
The few times I have seen him play, he has looked lively and dangerous. I think he could be a good fit to the teams system.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he was primarily a winger? If so not sure he's what we need although he did show flashes of ability. If he's a central striker then that's a bit different. We need another option with genuine pace through the middle.

Olliej

Sep 1, 2016
Brilliant signing if we could make it happen. He suits us as someone who can play out wide or upfront and is a hard worker. Fairly likely arsenal will sell as well because hes been out on loan a few times and its likely they'll have an overhaul this summer whether its with wenger or someone else.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The Chuba Akpom signing may well have proved fruitful given time. Unfortuantely, as is often the case with half season loan deals, he just didn't get given enough game time, to find out.

I wonder how he would benefit from a pre season with us?
He MUST have something or Arsenal would have dumped him by now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder how he would benefit from a pre season with us?
He MUST have something or Arsenal would have dumped him by now.
The one thing Arsene is incapable of doing.
You're talking about a manager who has offered Jack Wiltshire another contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here