Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uddersfield v Norwich

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
#nufc is full of Geordies bleating about how they can't wait to get out of this tin pot division as everyone is against them! Bless.

Seems to be a few that think the officials have been doing their best to help us for months. Pffft. I sort of hope they stay here for another season to really get to grips with it

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I think it was an absolutely superb decision.

I've just re-watched the incident-fantastic refereeing. Most would take the easy option and adhere to the rules-not Keith. Well done sir.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
that is completely against the rules it should be a retake? I'm delighted :) In all seriousness Keith Stroud has made an absolutely awful decision

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

0c8130c7d766bf3fd6d5f01964421184946f3d63.jpg

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Not if it was a Newcastle player encroaching the correct award isa free kuick to the defenduing side. It is only retaken if DEFENDER ENCROACHES AND THGE PENALTY IS MISSSED PR SAVED.

No, that's not the case. Here are the rules regarding encroachment by players on the penalty takers team:

If one or more of kicker's teammates infringe the above procedure, then

if a goal is scored, the penalty kick is retaken.
if a goal is not scored, an indirect free kick is awarded to the opponents from where the infringement occurred, ie. where the kicker's teammate entered the penalty area or penalty arc.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
How the hell can the referee at the Newcastle game give a FREE KICK to Burton on the edge of the area after an apparent encroachment?

Baffling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here