Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to Charlton ? Want to go to the o2 to see ELO afterwards for FREE ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hope this is OK with the mods.

I've got two tickets to Jeff Lyne's ELO at the o2 tomorrow night. I've also got a blood clot or infection (or both) in my leg and cannot walk.

You'd have to collect from Eastbourne tonight as I have to go back to the hospital in the morning.

Please only take them if you're going to go.

first PM secures

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

I've got two tickets to Jeff Lyne's ELO at the o2 tomorrow night. I've also got a blood clot or infection (or both) in my leg and cannot walk.

You'd have to collect from Eastbourne tonight as I have to go back to the hospital in the morning.

first PM secures

Sorry to hear about the blood clot. I would happily take them off your hands alas I live nowehere near Eastbourne

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

first PM secures
thats a similar reason why I gave my ticket to a friend however my clot is in my right leg after ankle op now I got a second one and have to go on medication for the rest of life also wear compression stockings which are a night mare to stay up.:tantrum:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
thats a similar reason why I gave my ticket to a friend however my clot is in my right leg after ankle op now I got a second one and have to go on medication for the rest of life also wear compression stockings which are a night mare to stay up.:tantrum:

As a medical professional I'm more interested in the seeming rash of thrombi among fans of the prog rock combo ELO. Perhaps the repetitive throb of the bass on "don't let me down" or the jaunty strings in "mr. Blue sky" cause your leg veins to go into spasm or something.

It's not a finished thesis or anything just anecdotally associative at this stage. Perhaps, if someone eagle eyed is planning to attend the gig they can report back on whether or not the attendees are or are not wearing anti embolism support stockings under their spandex flares?

Cheers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
From someone who had clots, pulmonary embolisms they called them, I am on warfarin now and to be honest, my numbers are very stable so it's no hassle.

Glad they spotted your quickly and you can get fast treatment. To bust them, you may have heparin which thins the blood too. You may bruise easily and don't be alarmed if you have to limit your alcohol for a while...I have to stick to 3 units a day, which I do exceed whilst way on cruises, but I am sensible otherwise.

Best of luck mate, and if you need a chat about this, PM me

Regards
Dave

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm going to New Order at the Albert Hall after the game. Better option I think!

Best of luck with the treatment though.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
If they are still available I would be willing to drive over to you now from Hove. I did not manage to get a ticket so I will be watching the beam back. GARY

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As a medical professional I'm more interested in the seeming rash of thrombi among fans of the prog rock combo ELO. Perhaps the repetitive throb of the bass on "don't let me down" or the jaunty strings in "mr. Blue sky" cause your leg veins to go into spasm or something.

It's not a finished thesis or anything just anecdotally associative at this stage. Perhaps, if someone eagle eyed is planning to attend the gig they can report back on whether or not the attendees are or are not wearing anti embolism support stockings under their spandex flares?

Cheers.

I'm going to the O2 after Charlton as well. No thrombi, but I have been suffering from repeated calf strains due to adverse neural mobility. I'm blaming the subtle messages in The Diary Of Horace Wimp, but hoping these injuries Don't Bring Me Down (not 'Don't let me down', whatever that is !)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
hope you enjoy it [MENTION=12283]GM98[/MENTION].

Turns out I haven't got a clot, i'v got severe cellulitis (Still blooming hurts though) and the antibiotics are making me feel shite cos of the high dosage.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
ELO were absolutely fantastic. Great day all round.

I had cellulitis a couple of years ago. Very unpleasant - hope it clears up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here