Status
Not open for further replies.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Sacked as a 1901 host and accusing the club of being ungrateful in not valuing all he has do e for the club

If this is the case the club need to make a statement. As with any big enterprise, too many JCL's on the admin side do not realize the importance of continuity with club employees and are allowed to mismanage at an alarming level. As Gerry Adams once said 'We have not gone away!' Fans (not terrorists) will always be here and the truth will always out! In the 1901 we have had the magical Rollings, Kuipers and Mullers in our lounge. Life couldn't be better!! But my goodness, Kerry is an absolute legend. If 90% of the people employed by BHAFC were to join together and offer up their combined worth would they equal the commitment offered by Kerry through his service? And to be honest if Kerry wasn't hitting the marks required then perhaps some coaching/training should have been offered? A sad day.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It has sometimes seemed like we do over the years.

I accept football is a business with far more emotional connections than most, but even so.

very true EK. Although as the latter posters point out I think the issue is the one-sided viewpoint and lack of disclosure. I am not in a position to know the full facts! Sorry to be balanced.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The Ginger Prince has been deposed? Christ almighty karma disaster!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One day someone, anyone, whether directly or indirectly will appear on these hallowed pages, and own up to their indiscretions.

All we ever get is one sided axe grinding.

None of us have any idea what Kerry is bibbling on about, it could be completely justifiable toy throwing.
He could have been nicking 1 sugar sachet a week.
Or the club might just have decided to change things around.

Who knows, certainly not us, all we get is the usual guff:-
'I did nothing wrong and the big bad club is being really mean to me, don't they know who I am, I went to Gillingham'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
very true EK. Although as the latter posters point out I think the issue is the one-sided viewpoint and lack of disclosure. I am not in a position to know the full facts! Sorry to be balanced.

Nah, entirely reasonable.

Then again, would the club issue a statement if one of the 1901 chefs left, or one of the kitmen, or the office cleaner? Do we have the right to know what's happened because somebody who works part time on match days has left the club? I don't suppose we really do.

That said, if Mayo is voicing all this on Twitter, the chances of his side of the argument remaining confidential would appear to be somewhat slim....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Similar thinking. It's Gary Chivers in the lounge I use, and whilst I'm sure he's a nice guy, it would take nothing from the experience for me, if he were not there. Maybe other people expect a host, though? :shrug:

I rather enjoy Chivers in there, he's good to talk to, and to listen to. And to be fair, the concept of having a host in the lounges is pretty much typical at most grounds. The top prem clubs have them in abundance, even at Huddersfield the other day we had Andy Booth wandering around chatting with the guests, doing presentations etc, likewise when I've been lucky enough at other grounds, you always get a smattering of past players and managers. I guess though, having the same ones every week then the novelty wears off, maybe they should rotate them round the lounges a bit more.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Employees are well paid for their services during employment by the club in many areas, especially within the higher profile echelons. Whether it be a change in policy, redundancy, a disciplinary matter or whatever then decorum and dignity should be maintained I feel, even more so at an important time for the club where unity is essential and indeed similar types of discontent within the ranks may have caused issues in the past. I would suggest that any comments or remarks may well have been better suited to another time.
Many ex-players warrant respect for their time with the club, but alas, as in all walks of life, nothing is forever.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Despite his hair colour, he hardly seems the kind who gets p1ssed off easily or unfairly. I'm team Kezza.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"Sacked" implies some wrong doing - Kerry's word or yours?

Not an unreasonable interpretation of his words......"services dispensed with" maybe? Not sure it implies wrongdoing at all. My guess would be cost saving. There may well be lounges where former players play a proactive and substantial part but certainly not mine. We get Gary Chivers or Kerry pop in very briefly in some matches and not at all in others. Mullery came in once and was better value as he spoke for ten minutes but otherwise they have offered little. Maybe they lack guidance or supervision but my guess would be the club expect them to act effectively and autonomously. From where I sit it doesnt work but more critically, 2 days before our most important game of the season, someone professing to expect respect from the club is choosing to harm it.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
You have to question the logic of someone like Kerry kicking out at the club 48 hours before one of the biggest games in recent times. If he loves the club as much as he professes, surely he would have been wise to keep schtum until after the weekend? I know he's probably just venting, but retweeting his favourite "you're a legend" tweets seems a bit like an ego massage.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It has sometimes seemed like we do over the years.

I accept football is a business with far more emotional connections than most, but even so.

Yet (when talking about Murray for example), some of our fans suggest there's little/no emotional attachment to clubs so it's not a problem if a player joins a clubs fierce rival. I personally have always said it's a huge disrespect to join a clubs rival like Murray did - but tend to be in a minority.. So which is correct?!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You have to question the logic of someone like Kerry kicking out at the club 48 hours before one of the biggest games in recent times. If he loves the club as much as he professes, surely he would have been wise to keep schtum until after the weekend? I know he's probably just venting, but retweeting his favourite "you're a legend" tweets seems a bit like an ego massage.

Harsh. That's all very easy to say if you haven't just been sacked like he has. Why should he keep schtumm if he really is getting shat upon, assuming of course that he is?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't think his tweets are going to affect Oscar and the team. Some fans may question what has gone on but it's hardly a major drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here