Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March untouchable ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He's just come into a bit of form recently so it's weird that it's now that your patience has finally run out. Very good first half today, not as good in the second. But I think his first half performance justified his inclusion - he was a bit part in the momentum that led to our penalty. We lost our momentum after the keeper saved it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought Knocky had a great game today while in comparison I thought March was poor - so I was dumbfounded when Hughton subbed Knocky and not March today. Solly’s end product was shocking today, especially the chance in the second half when he couldn’t even hit the target, he’s a pussy when it comes to making tackles and rarely runs at the opposition full back unlike Knocky. My patience with March has run out and i’m concerned that he seems to be untouchable in Hughton’s eyes.

Thankfully CH is the manager.

Funny enough I got home at 5.30 and caught the Sky Sports summary of the game where March was seen as the catalyst for the comeback, but no doubt the ex pro footballer knows nothing either.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Over all I thought March had a good game. Runs his balls off. Hughton obviously likes the fact that he tackles back and is still an attacking threat, especially in the first half today where I think he was the best player on the pitch. I think Bong and Solly work well together in defence and attack, though admittedly the crossing was poor today. Although I rate him, I will be pleased to see Izquierdo back.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bar the terrible miss and a couple of poor choices with the final ball Solly did well today and on the whole has looked much better this season. Bong playing too well to be the scapegoat now so guess someone has to take the mantle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Of all the games to flame Solly after, today’s isn’t the one. He was awful at Watford but has stepped up since then. Did a lot of decent stuff today, and works tremendously hard tracking back too. Links up well with Bong too....just a shame they don’t seem to have a decent cross between them !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of all the games to flame Solly after, today’s isn’t the one. He was awful at Watford but has stepped up since then. Did a lot of decent stuff today, and works tremendously hard tracking back too. Links up well with Bong too....just a shame they don’t seem to have a decent cross between them !

Answered the issue.

He was exactly like Watford IMO, great touch and control no end product, really poor and should have come off instead Knockaert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought he was ok today apart from the miss. More worrying is that we don’t have anyone who can come in for him at the moment.

Iziquierdo will be able to come in for the Southampton match but although I do not rate March very highly it must be said that he had a decent game today and I thought the substitutions were correct.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Love how those that protect March appear to accept his complete shitness at crossing, looking up, passing, shooting when nearing the penalty area.

That miss was headless crap. That cross resulting in a corner was crap as Murray most certainly said to him.

And mentioning him as a kid is crap he's an adult, a man most certainly not a kid.

Apart from he was good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Knocky had kept his cool better it would have been Solly subbed imo. I thought Knocky looked like he was going to do something rash for at least 10mins before he was subbed. Right decision by CH imo but we may have gone on to win if Knocky had kept calm as he was playing much more effectively than March in the second half.

Unusually I don’t agree.

Knockaert when he slid in was yards away and never a threat to their players.

When he had the ball, it was the only time we looked truly dangerous, the impetus seemed to go for a while when he came off.

I’m not sure March put one decent cross in, despite being in excellent positions.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Because he is tosh. Not PL standard now & doesn’t have the talent to be PL ready. Still - I am sure we are not paying too much in wages

If he’s ‘tosh’ why was he giving Fulham such a hard time? He also played very well against United. He’s inconsistent but inconsistency doesn’t warrant the grief he gets on here - especially after a game where Gross and Dunk looked far poorer than Solly.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I couldn’t disagree more. I thought he was one of our better players today offensively and worked very hard defensively - yes, he missed a glorious chance, but how many players missed presentable opportunities today?! However, I also thought Knockaert had one of his better Premier League games and woukdnt have brought him off either. If anything, Murray and Gross were the two who looked totally off colour today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unusually I don’t agree.

Knockaert when he slid in was yards away and never a threat to their players.

When he had the ball, it was the only time we looked truly dangerous, the impetus seemed to go for a while when he came off.

I’m not sure March put one decent cross in, despite being in excellent positions.

I watched on tv and they panned in on Knocky a couple of times in the second half and he looked angry and aggrieved about any decision that went against him, he them dived when he lost the ball and started remonstrating with the Lino. I was concerned about him losing it a good ten mins before CH subbed him. I think the way he threw a strop and was told to shut it by CH when he was subbed would suggest he had lost his cool and we all know what happens when he does that. We do not need to lose an important player in such good form for a few games imo.

I may be wrong but that’s how I saw it hence my backing for the substitution :shrug:

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

Can’t agree. The player is utter shit. Can’t cross, can’t score, can’t tackle. But despite that he is ok

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
March had a very good first half, followed by an indifferent second half. He missed a good chance, but you have to praise his movement to get into that situation. Idiots who sit around me are not March fans, he's certainly a scapegoat from a large proportion of our support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here