Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Two highlights from today:

1. I met [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]
2. I was home by 7.30pm

While only one performance, I fully expect once everyone is match fit for the team to be overhauled with Montoya Izquierdo Andone Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh replacing Bruno, March, Knockaert, Gross and Murray.

If we play like today away at Liverpool and City in the coming weeks we will be in danger of matching or beating Palace's 9-0 drubbing from some years ago.

Harsh, probably and hopefully I will become more upbeat as the week progresses

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
To make only one change from the team that finished last season set the tone and probably guaranteed our 1st loss. Need to give the new guys a chance

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Worse performance I can remember for a long time , the team were sluggish , they did not look match fit , lost most tackles , attitude all wrong , so disappointing

That really is quite worrying. First game of the season FFS - attitude and energy if anything should be there!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yep. That is the exact point I was making and you totally haven't taken one line out of the context of explaining that it it wasn't the worst possible outcome for the day.

:ffsparr:

No you’ve explained it well. We could have lost 9 nil....... trust me I’m elated.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Montoya won't have international clearance for today.
Probably be benched to show him the PL and get match fit, without playing any games.

I hate the way non-match fit players are don't play matches because they are not match fit.

el punal

I never thought, after the euphoria of the transfer market dealings, that we would play as abjectly as we did today. There were so many things going wrong that I thought I must be in some hideous footballing nightmare. Last season I witnessed some awful Albion performances at Leicester and Everton, I was spared Huddersfield and West Brom. Perhaps I was more forgiving as it was our first season in the Premier League.

This time though I’ve never left a ground after a match so depressed. The only, and tiny, consolation was the introduction of Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh both of whom put themselves about a bit.

Will someone please cheer me up and come up with positive points for the future - in the meantime I’ll attempt to convince myself that today was just a bad day at the office.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
This is the crust of it:smile:
We had the momentum last season but we have to be realistic in thinking that Murray (older) Stephens,knocky and march etc won't be the saviours.... was hoping for a couple of quality box to box midfielders to compliment gross.
We're a very loyal club and hopefully the new boys will come good eventually but hooten needs to attack a lot more away from home :clap2:
Agree. Murray has not got any faster over the summer, and Solly still seems unable to cross. Andone needed, but injured, and then not match fit, so won't see him for a few weeks. Bissouma looks good, and AJ can't be worse than poor Solly!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I never thought, after the euphoria of the transfer market dealings, that we would play as abjectly as we did today. There were so many things going wrong that I thought I must be in some hideous footballing nightmare. Last season I witnessed some awful Albion performances at Leicester and Everton, I was spared Huddersfield and West Brom. Perhaps I was more forgiving as it was our first season in the Premier League.

This time though I’ve never left a ground after a match so depressed. The only, and tiny, consolation was the introduction of Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh both of whom put themselves about a bit.

Will someone please cheer me up and come up with positive points for the future - in the meantime I’ll attempt to convince myself that today was just a bad day at the office.

Nothing surprising in what we saw today, particularly with the starting lineup

-Murray is too slow
-we can’t defend set pieces
-March is clueless going forward and lacks confidence
-Knocky sometimes plays like a 12 year old and can’t make a decent decision
-CH is too formulaic with his subs

Knowing CH, this may have been a combination of loyalty and caution. Hopefully he now knows that Bissouma and Ali J need to start, Jose is needed asap and he needs to throw Locadia or Andone up top as soon as he can.

If we start with the same lineup on Sunday I’ll be very disappointed, and we’ll get crucified.

el punal

Nothing surprising in what we saw today, particularly with the starting lineup

-Murray is too slow
-we can’t defend set pieces
-March is clueless going forward and lacks confidence
-Knocky sometimes plays like a 12 year old and can’t make a decent decision
-CH is too formulaic with his subs

Knowing CH, this may have been a combination of loyalty and caution. Hopefully he now knows that Bissouma and Ali J need to start, Jose is needed asap and he needs to throw Locadia or Andone up top as soon as he can.

If we start with the same lineup on Sunday I’ll be very disappointed, and we’ll get crucified.

If Chris Hughton is as pissed off as we are with the players performances today I reckon that the proverbial knife will come out and a bit of chopping and changing will be the order of the day.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And in fairness looked like winning.

Can't believe anyone expected anything else. Same team, bar one, same tactics, no shots on target, predictable result. Please can we look like we want it away from home and play some of the new faces. This bedding in shite is just that, shite, no other team appears to do it.

Only missed a few games away last year, this one I will miss loads, unless the attitude/tactics change.

The 1000’s of Albion fans who went to Watford, did very much expect something else.

But instead were taken back to season’s 2017/18 away form.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here