Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Utterly OT - Good Charlotte

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm sure they got a mention on here on month or so ago. I've little more to do than sit around watch MTV and the like these days and these guys amuse me as well as making what I would describe as a nice noise.

Should I buy the CD ? I rather think I will but wouldn't mind some input.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yeah well, I try to be a bit PC whilst I post self indulgent threads as await the big metal bird to whisk me off to darkest Redneck land.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I reckon you should go for the download it and decide for yourself option I do that with most albums now, then if I like what I hear I'll buy the album

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My girlfriends daughter has the album, si I've had no choice but to listen to it. It's not bad actually. Not sure I'd buy it myself though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good idea Tinx but I've pretty much made up my mind, I'll buy it.

One thing that may be of slight interest, I can tell you that buying CDs at the Duty Free (I'm headed to the US so it is still 'duty free') at Gatwick is a real rip off. MVC are actually cheaper.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yeah and buying them form cd-wow.com is even cheaper, most cds 8.99

Failing that try play.com....

I don't buy any cds from shops anymore.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From their site:

Boys and Girls" - A caustic and witty critique of interpersonal relationships tainted by mindless materialism: "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money/Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny." "It's pretty self-explanatory," says Benji. "I hope it pisses some people off!"

trailer trash shite. People who listen to this deserve to be bitch slapped.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cant believe I've let a potential Punk Rock Thread slip like this...anyway:

I have the album and its OK, not entirely my cuppa tea as I like abit more hard/fast Punk Rock style (Pennywise, Strung Out, Bands that aint on Radio 1 all the time).

Although Me First And The Gimme Gimmes are bloody brilliant punk:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
dwayne said:

Ain't that now the truth !!
:clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I listened to The Offspring self-titled the other day, pure quality early stuff from the boys, very punk and had me singing soooo much in the car I nearly lost control and ploughed into the M25 central reservation punk: punk:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dwayne said:
From their site:

Boys and Girls" - A caustic and witty critique of interpersonal relationships tainted by mindless materialism: "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money/Boys will laugh at girls when they're not funny." "It's pretty self-explanatory," says Benji. "I hope it pisses some people off!"

and this is from someone who reckons that so solid are good???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
From their site:

And so speaketh NSC's self appointed John Peel impersonator. Dwayne, we already know your extreme bias against anything you don't like but might I suggest that you try to be a little more objective in your comments ?

Besides which, what do lknow about 'Trailer Trash' ? I think I have a far better idea about such people than you based on the fact that I know a few, good and bad.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
eeerrr in Dwayne's defence he does state at the beginning of his post "From their site" - NOT from his lips...

Edit: ignore me I only just noticed the trailer trash bit....damn I need a beer :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hey Crabtree (are you related to my ex-wife - nee Crabtree ?) You should know that Dwayne is more than a little opinionated about music where he seems to think that he's the arbiter of good taste.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here